• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 37PF7321/98 cannot turn on

Originally posted by john_doe View Post
    Let me do this all over again.
    Post #93 still stand.

Positive pin of cap 2533 to positive probe of tester and negative probe to 11 pin connector - pin 7 has 5v and pin 5 has 0v. I have triple check this. Pin 5 is 0v. Positive probe to positive pin of cap 2533 and negative probe to negative pin has 0v.

The positive pin of cap 2533 connects to both pin 7 and pin 5. Their resistance are 0.1ohm.

Comment

Originally posted by bammbammfran View Post
      OK
      again, when using external 5 volts to the relay, make sure the 3 pin wire is disconnected

Those pins go to that 7531
      Yes, 3 pin 1305 is disconnected when external 5v to relay is used.

Comment

seems odd that almost zero resistance is from pin 7 and pin 5 to the cap pin and only one shows voltages ??
        These resistances may be different if you reversed your tester leads and which would make sense

ANYWAY
        let try this
        with 3 pin to relay wire plugged in on both ends and with your external 5v disconnected
        above the 11 and 10 pin plugs are two jumper wires
        9064 is ground and 9065 should be 5v
        check that
        if that is right, jump that 5 volts to the positive side of the 2533 capacitor to see if the relay clicks on

This is basically the same thing as jumping pin 7 to 5

Comment

seems odd that almost zero resistance is from pin 7 and pin 5 to the cap pin and only one shows voltages ??
          These resistances may be different if you reversed your tester leads and which would make sense

ANYWAY
          let try this
          with 3 pin to relay wire plugged in on both ends and with your external 5v disconnected
          check that
          if that is right, jump that 5 volts to the positive side of the 2533 capacitor to see if the relay clicks on

Got to call it a day. I blown the fuse 1315 on the power supply board. I did not put the board properly and it shorted. I hope the board is ok. Will get the fuse tomorrow and see how.

Thanks bammbammfran for your patience.

Comment

OK
            My eyes could use a break anyway and I have to try to fix a few of my own projects to make some $

Comment

OK
              My eyes could use a break anyway and I have to try to fix a few of my own projects to make some $
              You taught me a lot. Have a break. Sorry to take you away for so long from making $.

Comment

hopefully 6306 survived
                once you get that fuse back in place
                you will want to check the two pin black plug next to that fuse for 340volts

Comment

It could be because all the pins are not conected on 1M46 11 pin
                  I have been looking at the diagrams til im dizzy just think I have a clue and find im looking at a 42 inch board!!

Arggghhhh there is another fuse !!!!! this one is on the SSB I was looking at the corresponding 11 pin on wiring diagram of the sby board and just spotted 3A T and sure enough when I checked your picture
                  there is a small white oblong smd fuse - its on the 12v line..
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Those two pins run to that transistor on the drain and source, so depending on which direction his probes on his tester were in, it may have been working like a directional diode

YEP, wrong schematic won't work !! LOL !!

yes, I saw that fuse but we did not really even get to that board yet even though I am thinking the issue is on that dang thing
                    since the main (ssb) is getting 5 volts, and 5 volts is needed to return the power to turn on the power supply relay which would then turn on the 12 volts, the 12v should not be a factor ?

Comment

hopefully 6306 survived
                      once you get that fuse back in place
                      you will want to check the two pin black plug next to that fuse for 340volts
                      Fuse 1315 replaced. 2 pin black plug 1306 has 340vDC.

Comment

ANYWAY
                        let try this
                        check that

9064 ground to 9065 is 5vDC.

What you mean by 'jump 5v to positive side of 2533 cap'? I touch negative probe to 9064 and positive probe to positive pin of cap 2533, I get 0v.

Comment

run a small thin wire from 5v 9085 jumper wire to the pos pin on the 2533 capacitor,
                          if you have an extra fuse, using that instead of just wire would be safer

Comment

run a small thin wire from 5v 9085 jumper wire to the pos pin on the 2533 capacitor,
                            if you have an extra fuse, using that instead of just wire would be safer
                            I assume you mean 5v from 9065 to pos pin of cap 2533. The relay does not click.

Comment

dang !

I have to look at that wiring some more then.

Since we know we can turn the power supply on with external 5 volts
                              did you by chance take a look to see if the screen would at least light up when everything else is connected ?

Comment

dang !

I have to look at that wiring some more then.

Since we know we can turn the power supply on with external 5 volts
                                did you by chance take a look to see if the screen would at least light up when everything else is connected ?
                                I did look at the screen but nothing is lighted except the power led green. Without the external 5v, the power led is red.

I took voltages at 7531 mosfet. Pin 1 is 0.613v, pin 2 is 5v, pin 3 is 0v and pin 4 is 5v.

Comment

back to the 7531 area which is tough to follow traces between the lettering and resistors

check black circle to see if it is grounded
                                  what are the part numbers on the two pink circled chips and what do you get resistance wise on each

I am trying to follow the green path from the lower pink circle, but I loose it at the top pink circle.
                                  using your ohm meter, see if it looks like it goes to the red circle or to the larger yellow circle and are the two yellow circles showing zero resistance?

Comment

back to the 7531 area which is tough to follow traces between the lettering and resistors

what are the part numbers on the two pink circled chips and what do you get resistance wise on each

I am trying to follow the green path from the lower pink circle, but I loose it at the top pink circle.
                                    using your ohm meter, see if it looks like it goes to the red circle or to the larger yellow circle and are the two yellow circles showing zero resistance?
                                    Did you forget to attach the picture?

Comment

looks that way ! DOH !!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the black circle is ground. The lower pink circle is 4P.7 and resistance is 5ohm. The top pink circle is 682 and resistance is 7 Kohm.

Top pink circle goes to small yellow circle(pin 3 of 7531). Two yellow circles have zero resistance.

I attach a close up of the standby board back near 7531. I hope it helps in your tracing.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by john_doe View Post
                                          Yes, the black circle is ground. The lower pink circle is 4P.7 and resistance is 5ohm. The top pink circle is 682 and resistance is 7 Kohm.

Top pink circle goes to small yellow circle(pin 3 of 7531). Two yellow circles have zero resistance.

I attach a close up of the standby board back near 7531. I hope it helps in your tracing.
                                          Time of eye shut.

Comment

Working...
                                          X