Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-60LE810UN

Hello,

Are you doing the reset correctly? In your first post you mentioned how you did the reset, but this is not the correct way to do it on this model. Here is the correct process.

To reset the lamp error detection off mode
    1. Plug tv in.
    2. While the 1-1 blink is acurring, hold volume - and channel ^ , while holding the two, press the power on button.
    3. The v logo should shut off, release the buttons.
    4. Press the power on button, if the short in the led is taken care of the tv should turn and function.

If this does not work, try to enter the service menu.
    1. Plug tv in.
    2. Press and hold volume - and input buttons, while holding them, press the power button.
    3. Tv will turn on, with the letter k on the screen.
    4. Press and hold volume - and channel down.
    5. Service menu will appear, you should see lamp error in the list, set to 0 if it is anything higher.

The key to these procedures is pressing the power button while holding the other 2 keys. Older TVs you hold the keys down and plug the tv in. Which seems to be how you have been trying to do the reset procedure.
    I also suggest installing your original main board into the tv before attempting the reset.

Hope this info helps.

-Nick

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
      I have an idea I just repaired a 46 inch version of this TV also the sensor pads for the buttons are very sensitive and make sure that the circuit board behind the sensor touch buttons is properly pushed against the panel the plastic panel one of the either power button input button or volume down button are not being recognized. Best thing to do is get some Windex and clean the plastic panel where the sensor touch buttons are and then try again it's going to take some time but fiddle around pressing on the power input volume down and it will reset it's a pain in the butt but it will work eventually. I think this is what a lot of people having a problem with.
      How do I know if touchpad is the problem. I haven't gotten the tv to do anything just blinking light.

Comment

It's hard to tell.but I used.my finger and rubbed across the sensor pad to create friction. just a real pain in the butt I had this problem on two of them for they were responding to the touchpad buttons and it turned out that it was a bad connection between touch pad and plastic panel. The TV should respond to the buttons if it's not it's definitely touchpad issue
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas1110 View Post
          Hello,

Are you doing the reset correctly? In your first post you mentioned how you did the reset, but this is not the correct way to do it on this model. Here is the correct process.

To reset the lamp error detection off mode
          1. Plug tv in.
          2. While the 1-1 blink is acurring, hold volume - and channel ^ , while holding the two, press the power on button.
          3. The v logo should shut off, release the buttons.
          4. Press the power on button, if the short in the led is taken care of the tv should turn and function.

If this does not work, try to enter the service menu.
          1. Plug tv in.
          2. Press and hold volume - and input buttons, while holding them, press the power button.
          3. Tv will turn on, with the letter k on the screen.
          4. Press and hold volume - and channel down.
          5. Service menu will appear, you should see lamp error in the list, set to 0 if it is anything higher.

The key to these procedures is pressing the power button while holding the other 2 keys. Older TVs you hold the keys down and plug the tv in. Which seems to be how you have been trying to do the reset procedure.
          I also suggest installing your original main board into the tv before attempting the reset.

Hope this info helps.

-Nick
          Thank you sir this worked for me.....

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Jim from Georgia.

Sorry to play the part of necromancer here and bring up a zombie thread, but I was wondering if the OP is still satisfied with his repair?

Is it still in operation?

How is the color temperature vs the stock LED?

If there is a difference, is it noticeable while installed?

How about the brightness compared to the originals?

Thanks in advance, lots of good knowledge on this site!

-Jim

Comment

I'm not sure about replacing just one LED if that's all you have out I just removed and bridged the one LED that was bad in my set and it's been running straight 24 hours for 1.5 years at my father in laws house. I just took the gamble since it was one led the voltage will climb ever so slightly on the rest of the LEDs on that strip but it has not caused an issue nor does it cause a functionality issue. And it still looks great. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you only have one LED bad and if you do how much do you want to bet that is the top right LED on the top right side board

Comment

I got mine apart, man that was a lot of screws, and discovered that not one but two LEDs have gone out on the right side bottom. The lenses were about to fall off.

I think I'll go with the above mentioned LEDs as replacements.

Comment

If I disconnect the switch panel, and leave the IR board coonected, should it turn on with remote?

Comment

If you dont have a blinking error code upon plugging it in then it should power up via remote.

but if im remembering correctly isnt the ir part of the sensor pad.
                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 12-04-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X