Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PN51D550C1F - Clicking...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN51D550C1F - Clicking...HELP!!!

Could you remove the X-main board and take a couple pics of the bottom, green side of the board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Could you remove the X-main board and take a couple pics of the bottom, green side of the board.
      I've attached a pic of the bottom of the X-Main
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, see picture.

Set multimeter to diode mode. This is marked with a diode symbol -:>|-

For each circled device:-

Mentally number the pins 1-3. Order isn't important.
        Put your red probe on pin 1, black on pin 2. Note reading.
        Repeat for pin sets 1-3 and 2-3.

Any readings that test below 100 are a sign of a bad device - make a note of any.

If no bad readings are fine you should be good to go on replacing Y-main only and fix your TV for $40.

After doing this, make sure to download Samsung firmware update from the Samsung website, you will need a USB stick to install it. There is a tech bulletin about a firmware bug on the control board damaging the sustain boards (X- and Y-main.) Installing the update should prevent repeat failure.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tom66; 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK, see picture.

Set multimeter to diode mode. This is marked with a diode symbol -:>|-

For each circled device:-

Mentally number the pins 1-3. Order isn't important.
          Put your red probe on pin 1, black on pin 2. Note reading.
          Repeat for pin sets 1-3 and 2-3.

Any readings that test below 100 are a sign of a bad device - make a note of any.

If no bad readings are fine you should be good to go on replacing Y-main only and fix your TV for $40.

After doing this, make sure to download Samsung firmware update from the Samsung website, you will need a USB stick to install it. There is a tech bulletin about a firmware bug on the control board damaging the sustain boards (X- and Y-main.) Installing the update should prevent repeat failure.
          When doing pins 2-3 on certain diodes, I would get a reading of 1. I'm prettying sure I followed your instructions correctly. Would that mean the board is bad?

Comment

Is that "1" the same reading your meter gives when the probes aren't touching? If so, that's fine.

Comment

Is that "1" the same reading your meter gives when the probes aren't touching? If so, that's fine.
              Yes, it's the same reading I get when the probes aren't touching.

Comment

OK, if that's all you got, you should be good to go on just getting that Y-main replaced.

Comment

OK, if that's all you got, you should be good to go on just getting that Y-main replaced.
                  I just installed the new Y-Main, but the TV still isn't working properly. The relay clicking stopped, but nothing is appearing on the screen. Could there be another board that is bad?

Comment

Do you have good Vs and Va?
                    What is the light on the control board doing - one blink approx every 1~2 seconds or a slower blink every 5~7 seconds?
                    Can you check the Vsc voltage on the Y-main.
                    Where did you buy the board from? Did they test it?

Comment

Do you have good Vs and Va?
                      What is the light on the control board doing - one blink approx every 1~2 seconds or a slower blink every 5~7 seconds?
                      Can you check the Vsc voltage on the Y-main.
                      Where did you buy the board from? Did they test it?
                      When I plug the tv in, at the first click, Vs is about 207 and Va is about 58. As for Vsc, it was about -195. The control board has a slower blink about every 5 seconds. I bought the Ymain from shop jimmy, so it should be working

Comment

i also noticed that after replacing the old Ymain with the new one, the panel flashes once when plugged in

Comment

Any suggestions??

Comment

Can you try this test on your buffer board?
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZ...Y&noredirect=1

If your meter does not have a continuity/beep mode, you can use the ohms mode and look at readings below about 200 ohms as being bad, but you will have to be a lot slower (about 1 minute per connector to make sure your meter doesn't miss any shorts.)

Comment

Hi. I'm having a identical issue with my PS43D450 plasma.
                              This plasma when pressing the power button the led blinks twice stby 5X until the relay docks. The tv never comes on and resumes the previously mentioned. I did some research and with the X and Y plates off the tv keeps this symptom so I think the cause is the power supplyn board. The capacitors seem in good condition as well the photodiodes. Unfortunately I still cannot find the schematics for this PS "BN44 00442B" only identical models but it becomes difficult to follow any consistently idea. My knowledge in terms of plasmas is little or none. I would appreciate help me with the experience feedback from same or identical situations.
                              Greetings and thanks.

Comment

Was this resolved with a y-main and y-buffer board?

Comment

Working...
                                X