Sharp LC-60LE835 vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60LE835 vertical lines

Hi all. The TV in question is one that was exposed to high heat-humidity conditions during its short operating history. I received it, and its twin from a friend who was getting rid of them. I repaired both of them by 1) replacing the main boards so that I would have reliable external connectors (hdmi, cable, etc) and 2) replacing the touch control pads, which were pre3venting the units from powering on. After the repairs, both TV's came alive and delivered absolutely sensational video and audio.

That was then. Last Friday, I was moving one of the TVs to its new home, (the mother of the guy who gave me the TVs). When I plugged it in I got a screen full of colored vertical lines. see picture. (sorry for the picture quality, but I had to focus off a mirror, and that obviously doesn't work that well.) Anyway, I think you get the picture.

I have have reseated the LVDS cable at both the MB and TCON, and also reseated the ribbon cables from the TCON to (the board they connect to). It has had no effect. I am able to manipulate the display somewhat. By disconnecting one of the narrower ribbon cables from the TCON, I can eliminate the vertical lines on its side of the screen.

I suspect that the LVDS cable coming from the MP is the cause. While disconnecting it today, it appeared the the cable was ever-so-slightly canted into the LVDS connector.

Anyone have any other thoughts? I'd love to hear them!
    Regards
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-60LE835 vertical lines

I reconnected LVDS cable making sure that it would make good contact with the on board connector. No Change. Swapped ends of the cable aand reconnected... no change.

Connectors look clean and shiny, no evidence of corrosion.

Looking back on the sequence of events that resulted in this failure, it seems that the LVDS cable is the most likely culprit. TCON is also a possibility but less so since everything was working, and only two inputs ( LVDS cable and Power cable) were handled in making the original repairs.
    I have read somewhere about debonding. I assume that means a semi-permanent loss of ground to the panel. Could that have happened while I was moving the set. Would that cause the vertical lines I'm seeeing?

Comment

After viewing your pix I would lean towards a bad screen. Being that the loaded source drive data lines you see here are of all 3 color gender, not a red all, not a green all or just 2 color mix , leads me away from a T con. I could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I just double checked. I'm not sure what "loaded source drive data lines" are, but I think what you see is an artifact of the poor focus in the picture. Believe me, the lines represent red greens yellows, blues, purples, cyans, magentas, blues... any color you could name.

Comment

Could be a screen problem but seems too uniform.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X