Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here fix a tv and customer cracks panel when they get it home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here fix a tv and customer cracks panel when they get it home?

About 2 times a year, a customer will do this. We fix the tv, put it on test play, and customer sees it working. They see me pull power and video wire. Sometimes I pick up tv, right in front of them, and carry it out to their vehicle while they are next to me. I set it in their tv gently, and tell them the tv is very fragile, be careful with it. I let them close the door/trunk. That day, or a few days later, they tell me there is a crack inside the tv. Normally I tell them transportation is their responsibility and normally that is the end of it. Has anyone had a customer that was not buying this story about it being THEIR responsibility to get the tv home? I had another post-repair customer-broken panel today.

I always show tv works and screen is good as I mainly do backlight replacements. Customer loads tv by their self or with the help they bring. No problems here as I wont touch it after payment.

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
      I always show tv works and screen is good as I mainly do backlight replacements. Customer loads tv by their self or with the help they bring. No problems here as I wont touch it after payment.
      this is good way to avoid any responsibility , but cracking it could happened even you are very careful at replacing LED BL... i mean with this. crack on second layer after front glass, it will be not visible to you or at any time the TV work... but after transport and shaking it will increase and will be noticeable at time TV ON... but thought it had no effect at the image self.... so whom you are blaming here ??

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

this is good way to avoid any responsibility , but cracking it could happened even you are very careful at replacing LED BL... i mean with this. crack on second layer after front glass, it will be not visible to you or at any time the TV work... but after transport and shaking it will increase and will be noticeable at time TV ON... but thought it had no effect at the image self.... so whom you are blaming here ??
        I hear what your're saying but TRANSPORTING safely is their problem, unless you are a licensed insured shop, which I am not. I've sold 55" tvs to people who try to get it home in a mid size chevy. Should I be responsible for that?

Comment

Happen to me more than once even with brand new sets. I always show them the TV working before they take it away and then its their responsibility.
          Got a colleague who record everything on CCTV so that he has visual proof.

Comment

Would you believe this happened to me today. Sold a 60" tv and the people show up in a Toyota Corrola. Thank God they lived not even 2 miles from me. I took it home for them in my truck.

Comment

Yes. I load tvs onto my truck and offer a free delivery sometimes, within a few miles, for good customers and elderly. Customers that have had broken screens in the past- when they bring it back, I can see an impact point. so THEY did it, I have never had a cracked inner glass in over 1,000 backlight replacements. I was replacing backlights in LCD tvs - you know, the ones with flourescent lights inside- 20 years ago. So, yeah, I've seen a thing or two.

Comment

Working...
              X