Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 50PUH6400 bad color and gosting / slow motion on one side

Hello Team,

New issue on LCD panel where I need to find out the cause and the potential solution.
    This is on the Philips 50PUH6400, the LCD panel is an INNOLUX V500dk2 xrs1.

I have image, on the right side, the image is more or less normal even if there is a small blur on edge, on the left there is an issue.
    When moving up and down in the menu on the right the image is slow to disappear, and is darker, like red/brown.

I've checked voltages, no issue found comparing right and left side of the panel driver.
    VHG VGL CKV... are the sames on both sides.
    I've tried to move the COF to check if there is a bad electrical connection with the panel, didn't found anything

Do you have any idea of what can cause this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	481
Size:	6.00 MB
ID:	3230944

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Something to try, inspect for damage and clean the flat cables from tcon to driver boards, some use isopropyl alcohol or a pencil eraser, not too vigorously they can be delicate.

Comment

Hello, Thank you for the advice, i've inverted the 2 LVDS flat cables from Tcon to Driver boards and nothing changed.
      I'll try to clean the connectors with isopropyl alcohol tomorrow and let you know.

I'll had some times, some horizontal line appears and then screen stops.

Comment

Sometimes the tape cut off method works with horizontal lines, can put it in the search box here, wondering if it could be a defective tcon.

Comment

All the TVs I've seen with this dark yellow issue had panels with side tabs, required peeling off the tabs to get better, image doesn't come back 100% but it's better than before.
          Follow as above message #4, first try to isolate the problematic side with tape, if nothing, check for the tabs.

Comment

thank you for helping, me.
            I've found that the issue is only on one side, this panel can work with only one LVDS flat cable between driver board and tcon.

I'll try to cut using tape the CKV signals.
            If this not works i'll check if there are some side COF that I can remove.

I'll let you informed about next steps.

Comment

Slow response on a corner? Look at the COF top left. Press on it an see if it goes back to normal.

Comment

I've not dissambled completely the TV yet, so I don't know if there are some side COF.
                This will be my next step, i'll keep you updated.

Thank you for the advice

Comment

I've disassembled the TV and result is not so clear.
                  There are 8 COF per side.
                  Touching them one by one didn't improved image quality but some times crashed the TCON, i guess due to shortage.
                  One of the COF was pretty warm.

So what's next, peeling is not really reversible, is there any other thing i can do?

Thanks

Comment

Not that I know of, you have to peel the lateral COFs from the bad side, 8 is a lot, I usually see 3 or 4. post a picture of them to be sure.

Comment

Hello Biruslapio.

Here are the pictures.
                      4 double cof I would say.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this is correct, peel those that are from the dark side(on the first photo, right side facing front).

Comment

Wait.. don't do it.. i think there possibly be a better way, but is much longer.. post a sun light hires no shadow photo of your tcon.. must be visible printed data..
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 03-14-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

it always feels not ok telling a member to execute an irreversible solution, this happened to me and nothing I did worked (taping out clock and vgh pins only stopped the image from freezing, was still dark), if you have the knowledge about what to do, it's better than peeling off.

Comment

this behaviour is caused by two possiibilities, bad contact on the fartest source cof, gate lines interrupted (oxidation) or fault on the gate cof, bad vgh/vgl lines, or better leakage from vgl to vgh, or vgl-vgh leaked to vss.. if pressing the cof tab made no difference then is the other cause

Comment

The problem is in the matrix, there is nothing to lose here, removing the “ears” from the dark side can restore the picture, here is an example on a Philips 37PFL7662D.

If there is edge lighting, then you also need to check it first.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by lotas; 03-14-2024, 04:41 PM.

Comment

hi lotas.. there is something to loose.. side cof are all there for a reason..

Comment

I know that they are not for beauty, is it better to buy a new panel?...
                                    The main thing here is that the side “ears” (cofs) are on both sides (if only on one side, then this trick will not work) and the main thing is to remove them from the non-working side, if you mix them up in a hurry, then the panel is thrown into the trash.
                                    Last edited by lotas; 03-14-2024, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Here's another example, also from Philips...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

You lose image quality on the affected side, colors get washed out and get tiny(but uniform) horizontal lines, better than before. since OP said one of them is heating more than others, I assume it's defective.

Comment

Working...
                                        X