HP Plasma PE0000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Plasma PE0000

Dumb question but is the fuse you put into the Zsus good? I've done things like this before and scratched my head for hours over something simple. Lol
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

yep, I bought new fuses and tested it. I believe I can return the board there was a DOA policy with the purchase. I can try to find a local guy that has more experience in soldering the IPM in if that sounds like it would make sense. Is it a special way of soldering or something like that? Just curious what I would ask.

Comment

Ok here's what I would do. return that board if he has a DOA policy. It's obviously bad. If you don't feel like ordering another board then take your old board and start with that on trying to remove the module.

others on this forum may disagree but after much trial and error I take a piece of bicycle inner tube or plastic and I put it underneat large flat head screwdriver. then I carefully prior up on one side of the module breaking it free from the board. Of course the pins are still in the board then the other side is still connected after you free the one side I wiggle the module back and forth until the pins break off. after the module is removed from the board I now apply solder to each pin and I use a pair of needle nose pliers and carefully pole each pin from the board. Then I use a soldering iron and a solder sucker and remove the solder from each hole. Then the board is ready for the new module. It is very time consuming but my concept keeps the board from getting scorched its rudimentary but it does work
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-31-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

OK, you weren't kidding, that was extremely hard. I couldn't get anything in to snap the IPM module off, so I tried another post I saw in here in which they heated the solder points up with a heat gun. (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33684). I was able to do that and finally got it to come off but I had to do it on high with my heat gun. I tried on low for 15 minutes and couldn't get any of the solder to budge. Once I finally got the solder to loosen up the board had a small bubble in it since it must have gotten too hot but has since gone down. I can't even tell where the bubble was at this point. But, my question is, is the board toast or should I continue to press forward with the IPM replacement? Is there a way to test that or confirm one way or another? Also, some other small transistors loosened up and came out as well but I think I can get those soldered back in relatively easy.

Comment

Going to follow up with one more question quick -

If the board isn't bad, I was able to find the IPM at a place called yaspro for $1.00.
            http://www.yaspro.com.cn/products/2300KCK004A.html

Seems to good to be true so thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with them or if I was looking at something wrong.

The number on the inside of the IPM says LGIT - 2300KCK004A

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

when you remove that module did you flip it upside down and see if any components were shorted out you will see a black or grey charred area area underneath the silicone

Comment

I did, there was a few connections that looked shorted out and the silicone looked burnt in places.

Comment

Never heard of that company. I'm usually weary of cheap ipm modules.

Comment

Where do you usually pick up IPM's from? Any reason for concern on the board bubbling?

Thanks

Comment

If you didn't break contacts or traces should be OK. Where is the bubble at? Output side or input where 18v and grounds are?

I get my modules usually from Coppell but any reputable seller on eBay I have had luck with.

Comment

It bubbled on the bottom of the board (output side?) and was the opposite side of the grounds (they are labeled ER_DN, ER_COM, ER_UP to name a few). I don't see any of the traces or contacts broken, but I only see traces on the top of the board and only solder points on the bottom.

Comment

As long as the hole-thru studs stayed in the board you should be ok

Comment

OK, I got the IPM in tonight and I can actually see the picture. It looks great except when there is movement on the screen. It seems like there is a refresh issue or something like that. If the screen is static and doesn't change it looks perfect. I will try to post a picture but its been problematic trying to capture a picture when its flickering. Any idea on what could be causing that? I changed my settings to 720p just to rule that out and then tried an xbox at 480p which both did the same refresh thing. Definitely close.

And thanks for all the help. I would have never made it this far without you guys!
                              Attached Files

Comment

that looks like you have a voltage adjustment ooff. check the VS voltage against the label on the panel. also did you happen to adjust any of the pot on the Y sustain board?

Comment

Where do I check voltage? I will check the label and post what I find on here but wasn't sure if you wanted me to use the multimeter to check voltage somewhere.

The Y sustain board I haven't touched yet.

Comment

I tried to do a little research on this but having trouble locating the VS test location on the power supply. Would it be called anything else?

Here are a few pics if it helps any
                                    Attached Files

Comment

The wires coming g out of the connector on the lower left side of the.power supply in pic 1. There will be a pin labeled VS. Check that pin against the label on the back of the panel. Should be around 190 to 210vdc. Also check the VA output pin as well.
                                      Let's start there.

Comment

OK, looks like TV is set for 187 based on the sticker inside and when I test both VS input's I am getting 177. VA is set for 65 and getting about 64 off of it.

Comment

You should try increasing Vs until it meets panel spec, there is a little screw adjustment on power board. Get Vs and Va within 1V (no need to adjust Va in this case.)
                                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                          X