Toshiba 46XV540U problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46XV540U problem

I have a 2008 Toshiba 46XV540U LCD TV. I fought with my 4-year-old daughter one day. I tried to turn it on with the remote and she wanted to turn it off with the button on the TV. At the end she won.

Once plugged in, the TV's yellow light blinks 3 times, pulse, blinks another 3 times, pulse, then blinks another 3 times. After that the green light turns on. I can hear a click inside. I see the fan starts to spin and I can see the back light is on (not very bright but appears to be on). After a few seconds, the TV turns off, fan turns off. I can use remote or power button to turn it back on. It would repeat the same process again. Basically, yellow light blinks in group of 3 for a few times, then solid green, then after a few seconds it turns off itself. There is no picture and no audio.

The boards in the TV has the following PCBs:

Main: PE0541 B
    S-Power: PE0563 B
    P-Power: PE0564 B
    Charis board(?): PE0578

I checked voltages on the plugs, they all seemed to be fine. Anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks.

Max

Re: Toshiba 46XV540U problem

Not sure why but the 18V_AUDIO pin on the S-Power board (PE0563B) actually gets 21.6V. If I press the on switch the voltage may go as high as 25.2V. Is this normal?

Anyone knows what STOP_FAN is for? Is it for stopping the fan or detecting a stopped fan?

Thanks.

Max

Comment

On the board the Zener diode is MTZJ27A, the zener voltage is 24.26-25.52V. So it looks like the audio voltage is correct.

Now I see my BL_DETECT is 3V when off and 0V when light is on. It seems opposite of what it should be. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

[Fixed] Re: Toshiba 46XV540U problem

Replaced main board bought from eBay ($40, was for 42xv540u). The TV started up fine and stayed on. The display looked weird. In system mode, I changed panel parameters to the proper numbers for 46xv540u. Now the TV is fixed.

Good luck guys for your own broken TVs. No direct help here but some hints I got from reading other posts did help a little.

Max

Comment

Good work, max.

Comment

Working...
          X