Lg 50pg3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 50pg3000

Hello, I have an LG 50PG3000, I am hoping you can help me with a problem. I have this red and black bar running across the top of my screen. It is always there regardless of source, any idea what it could be and if it can be fixed? It appeared one day and has stayed ever since.

Any help really appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 50pg3000

I would say a defective upper buffer board. There's a small chance that the plasma panel could fail in such a way to damage this board, but I've never heard of that happening on an LG plasma.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Cheers for your help mate, if I was to change this myself is there anything to watch out for? I have worked on PC's for 15 years never touched a TV though.

Comment

Unplug for at least 2 minutes before commencing work, do not change any connectors while energised or up to 30 seconds after working on set. Set can be tested with back cover removed after installing new part for a short period of time.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Cheers Tom, really appreciate your help. Will let you know how it turns out

Comment

Working...
          X