Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnavox 42MF237S/37 No Picture/Sound/Menu

The plasma originally had the following issue:
    Attempt to power up, 2 clicks, powers off and red led blinked 6 times.

After replacing the power board, it now powers up with a blue solid led on the front, solid green led on the power board, and 2 solid green led's on the output board. It responds to the remote since the front blue led blinks with every button press. The side panel works that I know of since I can press the power button on it and it powers off/on. There is no sound, picture or even the menu/HUD of the tv displaying.

I've attempted to use the basic troubleshooting guide pinned to this section for no picture. I disconnected the z board, powered up nothing. I powered off, unplugged, waited 10mins, plugged in the z and disconnected the y, still nothing.

Re: Magnavox 42MF237S/37 No Picture/Sound/Menu

Does this TV have a Samsung plasma panel?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes. So is the y, y buffer, z and power supply boards

Comment

See here
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

You should get patterns which cycle one after another after doing that test if the main board is the fault.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Still the same.

Comment

I even unplugged the LVDS cable from the In on the converter board instead of the out, but it turns off after 15 secs instead.

Comment

OK, please just to confirm show me how you make the jumper test. Some older Samsung panels are slightly different.

Comment

I unplugged the power. I took off the metal tray hiding the logic board by removing the 4 screws and some misc cables that were to short going to the power board. I disconnected the LVDS cable from the logic board. I placed a HDD jumper on the bottom two pins labeled 3-4. Plugged the misc cables back into the power board. Plugged the power cable back in and everything powered up the same as before with the same no picture, no sound and no menu/HUD of the tv. I can redo it and take a picture if that is what you where asking for really.

It doesn't even seem like the plasma is glowing.

Comment

OK, we'll assume the self test was done right, next you will need a digital multimeter and you need to test the Vs and Va voltages off the power supply.

Comment

After digging around to figure out the process. I get no readings on the dmm. I set it to 1000v DCV and tested from the connectors on the psu. I'm guessing the psu is bad? I even tried from the test locations. I also tested all 4 fuses and they have 1.2 readings.

Comment

I used the SDM feature and the front led blinked 4, 6, 4, 6, 1.

Comment

Uh sorry, missed your post completely. Can you repeat the Vs, Va test with the X-main and Y-main boards removed?

Comment

I've done that and still nothing. I had someone do some testing and the only voltage readings I get come from the black wires going to the input board. Which are 12v and 5v from the respectively marked areas on the connector.

Comment

Should the Vs and Va be at the amount on the label with the black cables going to the input board connected or disconnected with the Y and Z boards as well? Should I return the PSU or get a input board?

Comment

Hi.

New to the forums. I need to make one posting, so I can then start a thread.

This is the new posting. Sorry for intruding.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X