samsung LM46c630

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung LM46c630

Hello I have a Samsung TV and the screen went black but I have sound but no picture I've searched in the search and only found 3 posts about this prob can somebody help me thank you I was told its ether the backlight inverter or the power supply
    Last edited by pete78; 10-29-2013, 02:22 AM.

Re: samsung LM46c630

Pictures of the board? BN44-xxxxx number on power board?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Board number is BN4400341 my cam had died ill upload pics in a bit

Comment

Schematic
        http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

When you post pics, we can highlight where to make checks.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks ill be home in a while and ill upload those pictures

Comment

Ok here they are sorry it took so long to upload
            Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

Just realised this might be the set with a jumper marked JP852 on the power board, do you see that? If so cut this jumper, it disables a low-voltage cut out which was set incorrectly by Samsung and causes problems later on.

Comment

That didn't work do I leave it cut?

Comment

Anyone else have a idea?

Comment

You can leave it cut for now. Now, unplug the connector running between the main board and power board, the backlight of the LCD should come on, does it? The main board has the video inputs on it.

Comment

Nope the red light for the power button won't come on when I do that

Comment

Don't worry about the LED, We are just looking to see if the backlight came on. If not, It's either the power or Balancer board. (the one on the side). The inverter on the power board is probably the problem. Is there even a quick flash of backlight? If you shine a flashlight on the screeb can you see a picture? It can be hard to see and you may have to shine at an angle.

Comment

Still no backlight and yes I can see the picture with my mag light
                            Last edited by pete78; 10-31-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

OK, this power supply-inverter board has built-in pullup resistors, so if you disconnect the cable between the power supply and the main board, when you plug the TV into the outlet, the backlights should come on and stay on right away to indicate that the board is OK.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I'll test it when I get home and thank you guys for helping me with this problem

Comment

OK did that and still no back lights but in a dark room when I turn my TV on it starts to light up but quickly goes out sorry I took so long to post back

Comment

So if you look from the rear of the set, you can see a brief white light through the holes in the metal plating?

Comment

Sorry I meant from looking at the screen

Comment

Could we get a closeup of the label next to the connector at the bottom left of your picture of the Power supply. I believe that cable goes over to the balance board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X