Emerson LC401EM2F Flashes "Digital Television" then goes black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emerson LC401EM2F Flashes "Digital Television" then goes black

Wondering if anyone ever fixed this problem...I have one in the shop doing the same thing.

Thanks
    David

Comment

Just repaired this set...Was bad inverter board.. Works good now. Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks
      David

Comment

Thanks David (and everyone else), I am having the same issue and suspect it to be the inverter board. Where did you get the replacement? I see them on eBay but was wondering if there was another source.

Thanks,
        Chad

Comment

Same problem, same fix, got the board from eBay.

Comment

Thanks all for this helpful info. The EXACT same thing happened to me. I would turn on the TV. Digital Television would flash in the bottom right corner, but the screen would then go blank, but the TV would remain on with sound. I replaced the inverter board and it worked. The inverter board was extremely easy to replace... I think a ten year old could do it!! The hardest part is finding the darn thing! And to boot, Samsung makes the inverter board, how funny!

Comment

keep the old board, for spare transformers, just in case one fails on the new board.

Comment

Very happy to find this thread,I replaced the inverter board and repaired this set for an elderly lady for $15 instead of her having to purchase a new tv!

Comment

Very nice thing you did there Cpdet, hope good things come your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X