32" Dynex DXL3210A Won't Power On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 32" Dynex DXL3210A Won't Power On

You need to connect a known source signal either a video playing or a pc showing a vivid picture is good, then you look at the screen, sometimes a flashlight helps, try various angles to see if you can see the picture (very dark) of what would be on screen if it was working properly.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Doesn't seem like the pixel are on at all. I not sure which input the TV is even on, the last time it worked it was on HDMI so i used that input but I can't see any movement what so ever.
      Last edited by tieny; 07-26-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tieny View Post
        Doesn't seem like the pixel are on at all. I not sure which input the TV is even on, the last time it worked it was on HDMI so i used that input but I can't see any movement what so ever.
        I know it sounds crazy, but get a hairdryer and heat up the board, just not too hot to touch though. And then see if it will work. Sometimes chips and capacitors have a bad habit of not working when cool.
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Any area of the board in particular? I have a heat gun from one of my last projects when i was trying to reflow a chip, but it didn't end well when it accidentally blew up an SMD capacitor right next to it (actually exploded) .

Comment

Any area of the board in particular? I have a heat gun from one of my last projects when i was trying to reflow a chip, but it didn't end well when it accidentally blew up an SMD capacitor right next to it .
            Id use a hair dryer, and don't put it right up to the board, or you will overheat stuff. Check the temp of things too to make sure they don't get too hot. Do it over the whole board, starting in one area and moving around the rest of the board.
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Hmm, I think it worked! Well for a second, I was pressing the power button while warming up e board, and the red LeD turn blue for a second but back to red o.o

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                Hi Jon
                You asked why no-one answered you? I think I have told you before that
                we are all just volunteers so we have lives to lead outside badcaps and join in when we feel like it, if we know something that might help or if we think someone is about to do something dangerous. .
                If you have read this post thoroughly you will know that having tried all the
                usual stuff and some pretty unusual stuff we are really struggling to fix thisIt is not any easier because it is not a mainstream make.

You then come in and say you have the same problem???? so what would you expect us to say - "Sorry Jon we have no idea what might be wrong with your set."
                As it happens you now say that you probably dont have the same set so anything we might have said would not apply- you could have compared the boards before you posted or you could have simply waited and watched the thread until a fix was found?

I suggest you start your own thread ( I recall suggesting that to you once before?)
                Posting pictures of your boards - you will be able to do most of the tests
                as per this post and state your results and part numbers then someone might take a bit of interest.

You are correct, thank you

Although the set is the same model, the board is different

Thanks

Jon
                Last edited by electronicsurplus; 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM.
                This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                  What?! no, sometimes people don't answer you right away...
                  I was not referring to this time. I was referring to in general. Maybe it is me.

thank you for the response

Jon
                  This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                  Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Hmm, I think it worked! Well for a second, I was pressing the power button while warming up e board, and the red LeD turn blue for a second but back to red o.o
                    Tieny:
                    Hooray! well, sort-of. Where were you warming it up?

Electronicsurplus:
                    Ok, your welcome. Remove the connectors that go to the T-con and power it up; see if you can get the backlights to come on then, and also the sound to work. If not, then the problem is on the mainboard. First I'd suggest measuring the voltages of all the voltage regulators on the board.
                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I'm not sure, I'm using my heat gun about half a foot away from the board. I warmed the right side, then the left side but no luck so I just warmed the whole board in general and thats when it turned blue.

What kind of problem would this mean?

Comment

I'm not sure, I'm using my heat gun about half a foot away from the board. I warmed the right side, then the left side but no luck so I just warmed the whole board in general and thats when it turned blue.
                        huh Have you tried tapping the board with a pencil eraser? You either have a bad capacitor, IC, or a bad solder joint.
                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

What do you mean tapping it with a pencil eraser?

Comment

What do you mean tapping it with a pencil eraser?
                            Tap the board with the end of a pencil which has an eraser on it, the eraser is soft so you wont damage anything.

This is just a vibration test basically. Bad solder joints will connect/disconnect when heated, cooled, and vibrated.
                            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I tried tapping the main board while repeatedly pressing the power button but no luck. I tried the heat gun again but I can't simulate what happened like before, I guess it was just luck.

Comment

I tried tapping the main board while repeatedly pressing the power button but no luck. I tried the heat gun again but I can't simulate what happened like before, I guess it was just luck.
                                How hot did you heat it up? Like just barely warm? Just don't heat it up anymore than you can tolerate on your skin. (Don't want to boil the water in the capacitors :P)
                                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

It was hot enough where it would tingle my finger when touched but not so hot that it would burn the skin i think.

Comment

It was hot enough where it would tingle my finger when touched but not so hot that it would burn the skin i think.
                                    Well, idk what to check next.
                                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I noticed that these caps feel particularly warm after I let the board cool down for a good amount of time after I heated it.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I noticed that these caps feel particularly warm after I let the board cool down for a good amount of time after I heated it.
                                        If you have extra caps on hand you can try changing them.

I think they may just be warm because they have a larger mass and so they hold the heat longer.

Of course though, bad capacitors will get warm, so they might be bad (JH is crap, if you fix this I'd recommend replacing all JH caps) after all.
                                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Well, I measured the 3 caps 1000uf 35V out of circuit, and all have ESR of 0.04 ohms or less, 989.5uf, 1002 uf, and 1034 uf

Comment

Working...
                                          X