This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Those are not "typical plasma leftovers", you have a sparklies problem... bane of older LGs... No working plasma has those.

The lines are probably a digital / CTRL board fault, which would be a replacement only board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Those are not "typical plasma leftovers", you have a sparklies problem... bane of older LGs... No working plasma has those.

The lines are probably a digital / CTRL board fault, which would be a replacement only board.
      Interesting, those "sparklies" have been there since day one, always the same. I vaguely remember calling and being told it was normal. Oh well, little late for that. The lines on the left also change from just the thin lines to a solid screen filled with colored stripes, not just the thin stripes you see here, but always on the left. Is the panel a part that I can replace? If so, where would I find it? Thanks again.
      Trying to fix my: LG Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

The CTRL can be economically replaced if you can find the board. What is the model # of the TV?

The panel itself cannot be economically replaced.

Guess customer service lies to stop you from returning it. If I were you, I would not buy from that supplier again.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The CTRL can be economically replaced if you can find the board. What is the model # of the TV?

The panel itself cannot be economically replaced.

Guess customer service lies to stop you from returning it. If I were you, I would not buy from that supplier again.
          Brand is LG. Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

Originally posted by Merbesfield View Post
            Brand is LG. Model no. RU42PZ61
            Any news on the board? Thanks

Comment

Hi Tom,
              You still at Leeds? If so, just registered on here and seen you're just down the road from me at York!
              I'm going to try and fix an LG 50PZ550 plasma for a friend that has sound but no picture. I've fixed a couple of LG 50PK350's recently that were just blown power supply (resistor) problems, but they were dead on standby (not switching). This one's a bit different and reading your posts I'd guess it could be a Y-sus problem on the 50PZ550.

Have you any experience of this set and symptoms to say what it could be before I start?

Comment

Yeah, I'm still in Leeds.
                I've not yet tackled a new-ish LG plasma but the guide applies to most plasmas even those made today.
                If you get frustrated, I wouldn't mind having a poke around.

Comment

Hi Tom and all, can you point me to what part no. and where I can buy the CTRL board for my LG RU42PZ61? Looks like the prices are reasonable so I might as well have a go at it. Thanks for the assistance, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Merbesfield View Post
                    Hi Tom and all, can you point me to what part no. and where I can buy the CTRL board for my LG RU42PZ61? Looks like the prices are reasonable so I might as well have a go at it. Thanks for the assistance, Mark
                    Anywhere that offers a return policy and has good feedback/reviews. Shopjimmy are good, apparently.

Comment

Shopjimmy? How do I determine the part no? The site I visited were not to helpful in leading me to a CTRL board for my TV model, which I provided. Is there a parts schematic somewhere?

Ok found Shopjimmy.com. Just need part no. Thx
                      Last edited by Merbesfield; 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

How about this? LG 6871QCH038C Main Logic CTRL board. Says out of stock.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6871qch0...ctrl-board.htm

Comment

If it's out of stock you have to buy from elsewhere.

Comment

If it's out of stock you have to buy from elsewhere.
                            Am I asking for the right part? Is there only one CTRL board per TV? Remember, I am clueless about this stuff.

Comment

Usually only one. To be sure, you need to disassemble the set and check the part # as you should always order by part # not model #. For example if you were ordering a part for a car would you go by the model & year only or the part # directly?

Comment

Usually only one. To be sure, you need to disassemble the set and check the part # as you should always order by part # not model #. For example if you were ordering a part for a car would you go by the model & year only or the part # directly?
                                Ok, so next question for a newb. How and where do I find info on how to take apart this specific TV and then know which part I am trying to rip out without screwing up other parts?

Comment

Taking it apart is simply a matter of removing the stand, finding a safe place to prop it, undoing the screws (bag them up!) and then posting pictures. From there we can guide you to exact location of the control board.

Comment

Taking it apart is simply a matter of removing the stand, finding a safe place to prop it, undoing the screws (bag them up!) and then posting pictures. From there we can guide you to exact location of the control board.
                                    Will do. Thx for help.

Comment

That's an expensive control board. I'd probably opt to have it repaired for that price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6871QCH038A-...item2a22d26aa4

http://www.tvtechelectronics.com/Readme.html
                                      LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Greeting everyone.

Have a Hitachi plasma 42" 42PD9500TA, got it in Dec 2006. Not the best plasma even in its day but I love the way it scale 4:3 signal on 16:9.

This had been running almost non stop since 2006 with 12hours or more everyday. but today it suddenly switch itself off, I turn it back on with remote and it switch off again after an hour, then half an hour, gradually it switch almost immediately after I press the remote controller. standby power red LED is solid, not blinking, sounds fine when its on. power supply issue? cause everything looks fine, no picture artifact whatsoever.

As I have almost zero knowledge in electronic, I have no idea how to troubleshoot. Since Hitachi no longer produce plasma and the part is virtually impossible to find, this 6+ year plasma is worth less than $100 even if everything work. It doesn't make any economical sense to spend >$100(changing boards, chips, etc) to repair it.

Could anyone please take a look at the pictures attach and advise me if this is a bloated cap?
                                        p.s. board is flip horizontally.

Thanks in advanced.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

PANASONIC th42pa20A

Tv wont turn on standby red light flashes and when tv is on it switches of and light flashes it then NOTHING and you hear another click and then the red light flashes again 12 blinks no picture or sound,replaced ps board,still 12 blinks any ideas?
                                          I change the PS and still I'm having the same problem
                                          Can anybody help me with the next step I have to take?
                                          I download the service manual for this TV, but it does not shows the problem

Thanks in advanced.

Comment

Working...
                                          X