Looking for Vertical IC for RCA Chassis CTC159L CRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Vertical IC for RCA Chassis CTC159L CRT

I'm working on my 27" RCA console TV built in 1990. It had some vertical rollover for a few months that went away after being powered on for a few minutes. I had been meaning to open it up and check it out but it had total vertical collapse before I could get to it.

Now that I have the time I opened it up and found a couple leaky capacitors around the vertical ic. So I figured the caps went bad and cooked the vertical IC.

I got the caps out and replacements on order. But when I took out the Vertical IC I saw that the chip numbers have been almost completely wiped off.

Does anyone happen to know the model number of vertical IC for this chassis or an equivalent 10 lead replacement?

I've attached a pic of the IC. Thanks. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Re: Looking for Vertical IC for RCA Chassis CTC159L CRT

If it had vertical rollover, it is not caused by a bad ic, I suspect the ic could be a LA7831

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      If it had vertical rollover, it is not caused by a bad ic,
      What about vertical collapse? Possible the bad caps caused the rollover and then shorted and wrecked the ic?

I suspect the ic could be a LA7831
      I'm going to replace the caps before swapping the ic. I'll pick up one of these if the picture remains collapsed.

Comment

If the picture is totally collapsed it could be the ic, or missing supply voltage to it. or maybe poor solder connections on the ic. I no longer have the schematic, they went to the paper recycler a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
        X