This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

If they are really rated for 105C it's probably something ridiculous like 1000 hours or something. I will check their capacitance but they are still brand new...Where did you get those Samxon RS series caps?

So if those 12V rectifiers are actually in paralell it would increase the efficiency but would the total output power be a little higher than 20A, like maybe ~27A? Just curious...I would guess this thing gets in the high 70's for efficiency

Comment

I don't think so, you know, paper can stand everything. They tend to write there some nice numbers, but the reality somewhat falls behind

Directly from Man Yue, custom fabrication.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

"Custom fabrication"
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Surprisingly, this thing does actually have 2 rails. Each cap goes to a different rail and each rail has a shunt within those wires. So maybe it would be worth putting 30A rectifiers in there? Also, those ChengX caps measured out to 0.01 ESR and 3220uF/3360uF

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
              Surprisingly, this thing does actually have 2 rails. Each cap goes to a different rail and each rail has a shunt within those wires. So maybe it would be worth putting 30A rectifiers in there? Also, those ChengX caps measured out to 0.01 ESR and 3220uF/3360uF
              Did you mean to attach pictures? xD
              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I was referring to the ePower PSU we've been talking about

Comment

It looks much better now I actually fit 12.5mm 3300uF 16V KY caps in there! And I added a solder shot too
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hiper HPU-4M580-PU Proudly Made In China

Looks decent. All the caps are Samxon, Primary cap is Panasonic. Who is the OEM?
                    Attached Files

Comment

My go-to resource for PSU data says the OEM is Andyson, and it seems Jonnyguru did a review on this particular model (among others)

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page683.htm (scroll down to the "Type M")

EDIT: On a closer look, seems he tested the non-PFC version (4M580-PS)...
                      Last edited by Khron; 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM.
                      Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

That's a nice looking power supply. Are you going to replace the Samxon GF caps?

Comment

That's a nice looking power supply. Are you going to replace the Samxon GF caps?
                          I am going to leave it as it is. The computer it came from seems to have bigger problems than that. Since January, I am in mandatory military service and they assign me to fix desktop PCs, laptops, TVs and other stuff. I wish I had more free time and sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                            Hiper HPU-4M580-PU Proudly Made In China

Looks decent. All the caps are Samxon, Primary cap is Panasonic. Who is the OEM?
                            ST Markings on the transformer = Seventeam OEM
                            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Behemot, if your WTF was in reference to my post immediately above, "fabrication" can mean either "building something" or "making up a lie".
                              PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                              To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Well, it was the first one ofc, what did U think?

Comment

^ That was a joke. I thought it was hilarious.
                                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Here you never know who takes it seriously, I am being catious…

Comment

It was a play on the two meanings of the word, and my forgetting that for many folks here, English is their second (or third, or ...) language. Not the most polite lapse of memory on my part, and I apologize for the confusion. Please feel free to ask what I mean if I post something that sounds weird or confusing - in thread or by PM.
                                      PeteS in CA

Comment

Got a Dynapower here. Doesn't look too bad minus the crappy Teapo and Fuhjyyu. It's got 2 MOV's between the two big caps. Two 2SC3320 switchers, 8A bridge, 30A on 3.3V & 5V. Two 20A schottky in parallel for 12V. Good size transformer...Nice heatsinks. It fried a motherboard cause the caps went bad on the 2 transistor standby circuit. Is it actually made by Dynapower? Cause it looks CWT-esque judging by the label and the green transformers
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Pentium4; 05-13-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Got a Dynapower here. Doesn't look too bad minus the crappy Teapo and Fuhjyyu. It's got 2 MOV's between the two big caps. Two 2SC3320 switchers, 8A bridge, 30A on 3.3V & 5V. Two 20A schottky in parallel for 12V. Good size transformer...Nice heatsinks. It fried a motherboard cause the caps went bad on the 2 transistor standby circuit. Is it actually made by Dynapower? Cause it looks CWT-esque judging by the label and the green transformers
                                          The UL number traces to "POWER TECH INDUSTRIAL CO LTD"

Comment

Working...
                                          X