Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repairing PSU's for Resale: Is it Worth the Time & Hassle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repairing PSU's for Resale: Is it Worth the Time & Hassle?

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
    i rebuild plenty of power supplies and have no problem selling them.
    its not my main business i just fix some when the shelf is getting empty or i get a specific request.
    Really nice to hear.
    Originally posted by Almighty1 View Post
    I guess if you were PC Power & Cooling, now FirePower Technology, it would be worth it as they charge $95.00/hr to repair power supplies not under warranty as I was curious when mines failed a few weeks ago, wonder how many hours can they actually charge for.
    Hmm, interesting. Including shipping? I bet this is just to encourage you to buy a new one.

Comment

No idea on the shipping, I asked if they had any current PSU's that had a -5vdc rail and they said they don't and they said they do offer a PSU repairing service at $95/hr + the cost of parts so it's not just $95/hr but how many hours does it normally take to fix a PSU since their diagnosis probably is 1 hour already. LOL.

Comment

not worth your time and mind.. but useful as learning progress and fun..

In my town, I can get cheap PSUs for just about 6,5 USD. my friend open internet cafe just throw away the broken one to garbage and get a new one though its not a decent one and last for year. Sometimes I asked him to give me, but now he sold it as junk calculated per kilo

I have 4 spare cheap PSUs in my home and nobody want to buy that for sure.
        "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
        Rudi
        Thank You

Comment

Around here you can't even sell a good used 350W PSU for $15. Not to mention 300W units... you'd have tough luck giving them away for free.

Comment

Working...
          X