Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niky 1000 UPS making strange sparking noises (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niky 1000 UPS making strange sparking noises (video)

anyone can explain what and why is this sound "ezz ez ez zzz" clearly starting from 0:34, the ups is niky 1000, i am using 7s6p good lithium 18650 cells pack, that sound only appear when i load any pc or lcd or crt, but never ever when using even much higher load 200w tungsten bulbs, althogh the sound, it never shut down nor give a warning and the pc or lcd or crt works completely normal at all times, in the video u can notice that the bx100 (voltmeter) is restarting with the sound, also the bulb flickers with the sound, i have checked only the largest cap on board (which is not that big) and it was 50v 1000uF and i found it ok, i am really curious to know the reason of that sound, if the battery is full it does not make the sound unless the INDUCTIVE load is too high, weak battery with high but resistive load (bulbs) no sound at all!!
    at the end of the video i added a bulb along with the pc and lcd, u can see how the bulb flickers with the sound, when i turned off the pc and lcd the sound is gone and the bulb is not flickering also. what could it be, it is not of a high load at all because no matter how high load but only bulbs it is fine, the pc and lcd used are both no more than 80watts max together, the bulb is 100w, and i used 2 of them with no issues at all for a very long time.
    Attached Files

Where is the video clip that you are talking about
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%
    1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board
    All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
      Where is the video clip that you are talking about
      that niky 1000 sparking .mp4 file under the pictures.

Comment

make it happen in the dark with the cover off - look for the spark
        also, it's probably leaving a burn mark so it should be visible

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post

that niky 1000 sparking .mp4 file under the pictures.
          where ? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-02-29 01-28-40.png
Views:	122
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	3225434

Comment

The same question I have unless Safari is blocking it
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

this is so strange i am sure the video was there when i posted, now me also dont see it, what to do?
              guys it is NOT sparking, it is making a similar noise like sparking, i have already checked it in the dark, no sparking
              btw a local technical that i dont know told me to replace the resistor of the frequency! as well as the orange ceramic cap, does that help? we need the video though!

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post

where ? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-02-29 01-28-40.png
Views:	122
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	3225434
                There!
                Attached Files

Comment

if it's not sparking then it may be an inductor / coil vibrating

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the picture selection
                    Attached Files
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the picture selection
                      weird. I can see it on my Ipad using Edge. I think your problem might be that you are not logged in. Not logged in = no attachments. Just tried it with Safari. Not logged in and my screen looks like yours. Log in and then you see the link.

Comment

i am logged in and cant see it

Comment

To confirm for clarification attachment issue
                          Attachment are see either logged or no logged status, but to download you must be logeed in.

When op posted I see for sure mp4 file listed on bottom, while logged/no logged, but next day mp4 is disapeer, not listed anymore while loged/nologed... and there is no notice left of there is any "last edited"...
                          I check from two different browser.

So...
                          I suggest to use external service till no resolving attachment issue
                          http://fileconvoy.com/
                          I have tested this and using it for few years, it is wery good, work with old browser also.
                          Just set expiration date to two-three weeks, and post link here...
                          Last edited by harp; 02-29-2024, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post

weird. I can see it on my Ipad using Edge. I think your problem might be that you are not logged in. Not logged in = no attachments. Just tried it with Safari. Not logged in and my screen looks like yours. Log in and then you see the link.
                            I downloaded edg and it still not there and I am logged into it this is how I doing this post reply

9 PC LCD Monitor
                            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                            1 Dell Mother Board
                            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

sam_sam_sam, harp
                              funny… for me it is still there, just like the pic I posted earlier. That's strange… not sure why I can see this file and you guys are not.

Comment

Maybe you see a your stored memory, browser cache...
                                Can you post the link for dl... maybe is only not published but still there bug?

Comment

Logged in or not, i have never seen the mp4 attachment also until now after i have posted it, nor got any notification for removal, also the reply mail notifications comes so late, so these are 2 issue for the admins to check
                                  here is a link for the video, plz guys help
                                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xk7...ew?usp=sharing

this sound is not normal and it does not appear unless there is an inductive load, resistive loads like heaters or tungustin bulbs never do that, it is not by chance, many times if the battery is full and the inductive load is low it can stay up to 30min without this sound

Comment

oh now i see the original video link attachment for the first time after posting!
                                    if u still dont see the attachment plz use the google drive link instead , plz read the post details to understand what is going on on the video, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicMan View Post
                                      Logged in or not, i have never seen the mp4 attachment also until now after i have posted it, nor got any notification for removal, also the reply mail notifications comes so late, so these are 2 issue for the admins to check
                                      here is a link for the video, plz guys help
                                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xk7...ew?usp=sharing

this sound is not normal and it does not appear unless there is an inductive load, resistive loads like heaters or tungustin bulbs never do that, it is not by chance, many times if the battery is full and the inductive load is low it can stay up to 30min without this sound

I have a question for you dose do the same thing when you use the batteries that are suppose to be used are they 2 @ 12 volts each which is 28 volts and 2 12 volt batteries are 24 volts unless I am mistaken you might be putting too much voltage on the battery backup circuit which might be causing the issue

When did this too a battery backup that was 24 volts I could only use 6s 2P because of the voltage when the batteries are fully charged
                                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 03-02-2024, 02:43 PM.
                                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                      1 Dell Mother Board
                                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I have a question for you dose do the same thing when you use the batteries that are suppose to be used are they 2 @ 12 volts each which is 28 volts and 2 12 volt batteries are 24 volts unless I am mistaken you might be putting too much voltage on the battery backup circuit which might be causing the issue

When did this too a battery backup that was 24 volts I could only use 6s 2P because of the voltage when the batteries are fully charged
                                        i dont have SLA anymore, i dont think this has to do with the battery wutsoever, the battery is charged with the ups, so it stops charging everytime exactly at 27.3v, and at any voltage the ups will make so IF the same type of load is used, on bulbs it never do that at any voltage and any load, so apparently it is related to the type of load and not the battery, on top of that, regardless where is the sound coming from? the transformer or something else, it seems like the transformer humming is continuous and the sound is extra (not replaced)

Comment

Working...
                                        X