Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxspect G2 230W LED Power supply

Hi,
    I have a power supply box here from a fish tank LED light unit that i offered to take a look at for a friend, or rather he handed it to me with some new components that the "guy in maplins said would fix it right up".

Two of the four channels have gone down in the power supply section.
    The power supply is made up of 4 constant current supplies and a controller board with its own power supply.

I have started cleaning up one of the blown supplies but i am a little stuck, it appears that a lot of the primary side has gone up in smoke (gues the guy in the shop was wrong eh). At first i thought the rectifier was shot and had sent AC into the rest of the circuit but i am not so sure anymore as it appears to test fine out of circuit (though gives me strange readings in circuit).

I will get some photos up now, Just have to find a camera.

Thanks,
    Owen

Re: Maxspect G2 230W LED Power supply

They are constant current supplies, I believe they are 1000mA output current whereas the ones that have not blown should only be 700mA, though finding any real information on this unit is proving difficult.
    Attached Files

Comment

It uses fake capacitors, that much we can be sure of. Panasonic logo (M), with a Rubycon vent. Those are probably the worst capacitors on the market but re-badged and sold at a premium to unfortunate manufacturers.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        It uses fake capacitors, that much we can be sure of. Panasonic logo (M), with a Rubycon vent. Those are probably the worst capacitors on the market but re-badged and sold at a premium to unfortunate manufacturers.
        Well sptted.. I will pull them out shortly and see if any are shorted.

Comment

Also worth noting that this unit is manufactured in China, so i am not surprised the caps are fake. Infact, the replacement fets i have here for it look nothing like the ones fitted in the unit either even though they are the same make...

Comment

Working...
          X