Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook A1297 Mid2010 820-2361a Magsafe schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook A1297 Mid2010 820-2361a Magsafe schematic?

Hello, the Magsafe connector of the above Macbook was defective(burnt pins). It is located on a small DC-IN board labeled 820-2361a sitting in the top right corner of the macbook, connected to the main PCB with 5 separate cables.
    While replacing the magsafe, I must have unsoldered and lost a small SMD Resistor that is silkscreen-labeled R1 on the solder side(opposite of the magsafe and ferrite filter). It carries the 1bit-bus to the Amber/green LED driver chip in the Magsafe plug, and without connection to the 1-bit chip in the plug, the macbook won't charge.
    ¿Can anyone please provide the schematic or measure this resistor on a disconnected DC-IN board? the value might be quite low, but I am hesitant to short-circuit it.
    ¡Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by shivahoj; 12-31-2020, 08:17 AM.

Re: Macbook A1297 Mid2010 820-2361a Magsafe schematic?

22 ohms on 820-2565, should be the same on yours.
    No schematics for these available as far as I know.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      22 ohms on 820-2565, should be the same on yours.
      No schematics for these available as far as I know.
      Hi, by your reply I see that you have the 820-2565 board. Please I need some info about the value of two of the capacitors on it. As you can observe there are three capacitors, I need the value of the bigger one and the one on the middle.
      Can you help?
      Thanks.
      K.

Comment

I thought Piernov had the data I need but since he does not answer I assume I was wrong.
        Please, anyone has an answer for me? I need the info ASAP.
        Thanks.

I POSTED A PICTURE:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/album....265&pictureids[]=903
        Last edited by karmele; 01-21-2021, 11:52 AM. Reason: PICTURE

Comment

Caps cannot be measured in circuit and it's not possible to measure their voltage rating anyway.
          You can look at a MacBook Air LIO board schematics to have an idea what it might be, for example 820-2869.
          You have to attach the picture to your post.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            Caps cannot be measured in circuit and it's not possible to measure their voltage rating anyway.
            You can look at a MacBook Air LIO board schematics to have an idea what it might be, for example 820-2869.
            You have to attach the picture to your post.
            Thanks for your reply. I thought you had a 820-2565 board unmounted, tha is why I asked you about it. I apolagize.
            I tried to locate the board you mentioned but so far no luck, I"ll keep looking.
            Thanks anyway.
            Best regards.
            K

Comment

Working...
            X