Alienware m17 i7 9750h rtx2060 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alienware m17 i7 9750h rtx2060 bios

During the bios update it laptop froze and is dead now. Except power light.
    I found this on motherboard orion mb n18e rev A00
    And eeprom winbond 25q128jvsq this should be 16mb chip that hold bios.

I ordered ch431a programmer and planning to try to flash the eeporm directly so need bios dump.

Attached exe and .rcv of version that was current on the laptop before failure (downloaded from dell)
    Attached Files

Re: Alienware m17 i7 9750h rtx2060 bios

Originally posted by Lsx View Post
    During the bios update it laptop froze and is dead now. Except power light.
    I found this on motherboard orion mb n18e rev A00
    And eeprom winbond 25q128jvsq this should be 16mb chip that hold bios.

I ordered ch431a programmer and planning to try to flash the eeporm directly so need bios dump.

Attached exe and .rcv of version that was current on the laptop before failure (downloaded from dell)
    We will need your original bios file, read the 25q128jvsq chip with a programmer and upload it here. Also write your device service tag.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Expecting to receive programmer on Sunday. Will read chip and upload. Thanks. Service tag is jp6sn42

Comment

Read my chip. Here is file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Read my chip. Here is file.
          Alienware m17
          Service Tag: JP6SN42
          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

It's booting to recovery now. Thank you ... it did take some time to display anything but I realized i should wait as fans were spinning which wasn't the case before. After 2min it showed recovery screen.

If it's not the secret, what you had to do with the file to fix it.

Comment

It's booting to recovery now. Thank you ... it did take some time to display anything but I realized i should wait as fans were spinning which wasn't the case before. After 2min it showed recovery screen.

If it's not the secret, what you had to do with the file to fix it.
              I replaced the old bios region with the extract from the .exe file (downloaded from the Dell homepage), removing some padding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Alienware m17_service tag 1NBQN42

Hello, would like to seek help for a clean bios bin for my alienware m17. no display but with power. attach is the backup bin file.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Debric; 04-07-2023, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Re: Alienware m17_service tag 1NBQN42

Originally posted by Debric View Post
                  Hello, would like to seek help for a clean bios bin for my alienware m17. no display but with power. attach is the backup bin file.
                  Try:
                  Attached Files
                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    Try:
                    Thanks @Vesko356. i'll try to flash this bios bin you gave.

Comment

Thanks @Vesko356. i'll try to flash this bios bin you gave.
                      by the way prior flashing, i did check thru ME analyzer.
                      this is what i observed...pls see pic... a lot of invalid errors.

do you thinks that is OK?

my orig backup does not have that one...
                      Attached Files

Comment

i still did try flashing the new bin file, but same case with power but no display. thanks

Comment

by the way prior flashing, i did check thru ME analyzer.
                          this is what i observed...pls see pic... a lot of invalid errors.

do you thinks that is OK?

my orig backup does not have that one...
                          After I submit a file I should have checked it, and I always do, simply because I am a perfectionist by nature. You don't need to check my work further, or if you think you have more knowledge than me, you can make your own dump.
                          Your ME Analyzer version is old, hence the errors you see.
                          i still did try flashing the new bin file, but same case with power but no display. thanks
                          I'm afraid your problem is not bios related then, but rather is a hardware issue.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Vesko356; 04-07-2023, 07:42 AM.
                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

@Vesko356, thanks for this wonderful feedback and i truly respect your knowledge on this. sorry if it find unusual to you on what i did thru checking via ME analyzer. i dont have any bad intention on this since i am still learning on this workaround. i just learn recently on youtube about this ME analyzer so now it gives me the idea when to flash a bin file because i usually make a trial and error on flashing a bin file that is downloaded from net like here in this forum (dismount and mount the SPI chip) and i want to save time on doing this. and thank you again for letting me know about the outdated version of this ME analyzer.

Yes, maybe you are right. it seems this unit i am trying to get fix is not on the bios issue, it could be on hardware already and for that im gonna stop my workaround until bios testing..

Thank you very much for the time and effort in giving support.

Comment

Working...
                            X