Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T470s failed dump options

Hi everyone,

I wanted to flash and patch a BIOS file from a Lenovo T470s (to reset the BIOs password), but I had incorrectly dumped/saved the original BIOS file incorrectly. I selected the wrong chip and it only a fraction of the data saved. Big mistake, but learning a lot.

I do have another computer of the same model, but I realize flashing a copy to the other would not work due to the ME region details.

What are my options for unbricking or salvaging? Don't really think it's worth purchasing another motherboard.

Thanks!

Re: T470s failed dump options

Upload your reading. It can be rebuild so Ethernet MAC stays the same, if GBe region is part of your readout.
    ME region can be a cleaned one and also BIOS region can be extracted from Lenovo Updates

Comment

Originally posted by exe557 View Post
      Upload your reading. It can be rebuild so Ethernet MAC stays the same, if GBe region is part of your readout.
      ME region can be a cleaned one and also BIOS region can be extracted from Lenovo Updates
      Like the partial data that I was able to save? You'll see that only 1 MB of the 16MB I was able to save
      Attached Files

Comment

try this man and post reply
        Attached Files
        Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

Originally posted by mazoot View Post
          try this man and post reply
          No luck

Comment

Serial number ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
              serial number ?
              pcou6c8w

Comment

Originally posted by disgruntled View Post
                pcou6c8w
                serial number is not correct

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

serial number is not correct
                  Sorry. the character is a 0 and not O

Comment

Sorry. the character is a 0 and not O
                    Try and feedback:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Try and feedback:
                      Thanks for the attempt, but didn't work. What I notice is strange is after I flash and read the file. The analysis shows that it is not identical to what I've flash. I've attached the read file.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone,

I wanted to flash and patch a BIOS file from a Lenovo T470s (to reset the BIOs password), but I had incorrectly dumped/saved the original BIOS file incorrectly. I selected the wrong chip and it only a fraction of the data saved. Big mistake, but learning a lot.

I do have another computer of the same model, but I realize flashing a copy to the other would not work due to the ME region details.

What are my options for unbricking or salvaging? Don't really think it's worth purchasing another motherboard.

Thanks!
                        Take bios from that laptop, clear ME to use. Or change with new bios chip.
                        Last edited by hoaca388; 03-26-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Take bios from that laptop, clear ME to use. Or change with new bios chip.
                          What if the GBe region is different? Would that not work?

Comment

What if the GBe region is different? Would that not work?
                            You must try to know.

Comment

You must try to know.
                              Understood thanks. The CSE ME file should match the working BIOs correct?

If the BIOs I'm trying to flash had a password previously before I bricked it, are there things I need to consider when cleaning the ME region.

Comment

I think, cleaning ME region can't not delete the password.

Comment

I think, cleaning ME region can't not delete the password.
                                  I figured. Are you aware of anyone patching not the original BIOS and getting it to work? From what I understand, replacing the BIOs chip wouldnt work either if it had a BIOS password.

Sounds like I should probably just dispose of this

Comment

I figured. Are you aware of anyone patching not the original BIOS and getting it to work? From what I understand, replacing the BIOs chip wouldnt work either if it had a BIOS password.

Sounds like I should probably just dispose of this
                                    Have you tried unlocking with AUTO-PATCHER ? Back up the original bios carefully before you do that because you'll be near to re-flashing it.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588
                                    Last edited by hoaca388; 03-27-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Have you tried unlocking with AUTO-PATCHER ? Back up the original bios carefully before you do that because you'll be near to re-flashing it.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588

One of them I'm not trying to unlock. The one that I bricked I was trying to unlock but improperly backed up bc I selected the incorrect chip. Now I'm autopatching a BIOS from another same model computer and flashing on another computer. Am I wasting my time?

Comment

Working...
                                      X