thinkpad a485 bios password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thinkpad a485 bios password

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

My wife is after surgery, so i didn't tried file yet, but for sure will try today. As you mentioned, faster or later someone will ask "how did you do it".

I asked because lot of people write "here is your patched file, and why tf you don't use autopatcher" even didn't knowing it is not working out in this model
        Last edited by rbvndonh; 04-29-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbvndonh View Post
          My wife is after surgery, so i didn't tried file yet, but for sure will try today. As you mentioned, faster or later someone will ask "how did you do it".

I asked because lot of people write "here is your patched file, and why tf you don't use autopatcher" even didn't knowing it is not working out in this model
          Sorry to hear your wife had surgery.
          I hope everything went well!

And I hope when you saw the doctor after the surgery you've said "Thank you!" instead of "How did you do it?". I guess you know what I mean.

Comment

volinakis - you are my hero. It worked out. This will work also for other A485 (i see people already downloaded it) or it need to be prepared exactly for each mobo? I partially see in HEX where changes was done, but i'm for now too weak to understand how it works. Just see this file vs autopatcher is far different. To be honest i have 1 more somwhere hidden in the box with ryzen 5 and other (just working mobo with pass) with ryzen 3..

Vesko - thank you. She walk as a grandma now and have not funny facial expression (as she had something in her pants, if you know what i mean ) but will be OK.
            Just need to run after her like: pick this up, pick that up...

Comment

I found the box with "do it in future" laptops. Here is another A485 Ryzen5 file if you are open to help more.
              I am also open to donate forum for each help or paypal if you're not happy to have too much free work

Like i promissed i did few days ago 5USD donation as i sometimes spam with dumps
              Attached Files

Comment

I am also open to donate forum for each help or paypal if you're not happy to have too much free work
                That's not a bad idea at all. We're happy but, if not enough funds are raised to solve the problem with the server, the whole section may be closed and then i don't know where you will find a place to "spam with dumps".
                So go ahead do it now before it's too late.

Your patched dump is below. Good luck:
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.
                  Of course file worked out Thank you for that. Donation done.

Here is last file with Ryzen 3.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.
                    Of course file worked out Thank you for that. Donation done.

Here is last file with Ryzen 3.
                    Thank you, appreciate it.

I would like to take the opportunity to invite again all members to consider a donation.
                    All members should be aware that there is a real possibility this section of the forum to be closed because the volume of uploaded files is increasing every day, the number of members in it also, but only a few people donate.
                    Every day we delete files from the old threads in an attempt to save the situation, but this will not solve the matter. I urge everyone to be more active, everyone can afford a small donation, let more people get involved, only this will save us from the possibility of running out of space to store data on the server!

#3 patched:
                    Attached Files

Comment

3rd machine also return to life. Thank you
                      I see it is all about EVSA store, however i have only IDA free, so reverse engineering of what i see will take muuuch time for me or learning how work Lenovo translate service and then which GUID shall to change.
                      One day wife will be better and i will be boring..

Another 5USD donated from me. Just forgot this time to sign that was me

Comment

Hi,
                        Today I have Lenovo A485 with Ryzen5 2500U. All Intels I am doing at home with patcher, but there is none for Ryzen. Can You help me?
                        Chip is W25Q128FW_1.8V.
                        Dump in file.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by zerbatin; 08-11-2023, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zerbatin View Post
                          Hi,
                          Today I have Lenovo A485 with Ryzen5 2500U. All Intels I am doing at home with patcher, but there is none for Ryzen. Can You help me?
                          Chip is W25Q128FW_1.8V.
                          Dump in file.
                          Here you are
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                            Here you are
                            Awsome, working like a glow. Thank you. Donation in progress!

Comment

Hello!
                              I bought dead A485. Removed USB-C port that was shorted and now it has bios password.
                              I did take off the bios chip and read it.

Could anyone modify so I could remove password?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kaar3l View Post
                                Hello!
                                I bought dead A485. Removed USB-C port that was shorted and now it has bios password.
                                I did take off the bios chip and read it.

Could anyone modify so I could remove password?
                                try and follow steps described in autopatcher
                                And next time provide serial - as rules requires.
                                Attached Files
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                all donations are welcome,
                                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                >>>>>
                                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                  try and follow steps described in autopatcher
                                  And next time provide serial - as rules requires.
                                  Sorry about serial.

Thank you!
                                  I did the mod with autopatcher. Then soldered chip back. Followed the tutorial, it froze on going to bios screen. Soldered chip off and back to programmer. Programmed the previous unmodified dump and it then got to bios. (Y)

Did also 10$ donation.

Comment

hi this is original bios file whit password can you help me remove password .Thanks !!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NEGRILA View Post
                                      hi this is original bios file whit password can you help me remove password .Thanks !!
                                      provide serial - as rules requires.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

provide serial - as rules requires.
                                        Sorry what serial?

Comment

• SMDFlea
                                          SMDFlea commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          The laptop serial number

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                                          • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.

SN:PF-1N027A

Comment

Working...
                                        X