Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    Program this chip only, leave the other (main) as is. At first boot reset bios to factory default, then security settings, apply/save and restart.
    Many thanks

Comment

hello. i have a hp 840g8 with administrator password, computer still turns on fine.
      i removed a password on similar hp before using the Hex and addresses
      but this 2 chips dumps are different then the other ones. 1st chip cant find the same address to edit, 2nd chip looks empty.
      i did read and verify chips twice, and i used 2 different programmers software got same result in the dumps
      is this a new bios version or i m doing something wrong???
      thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

fixed

Comment

Hello everyone, I have a HP ProBook 650 G4. I already have a programmer (CH341A) and a SOIC8 clip to read/write Lenovo bios files. My HP has another and bigger chip. So I dont know what type of clip I need to read out the bios. Can you help me? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mawe View Post
            Hello everyone, I have a HP ProBook 650 G4. I already have a programmer (CH341A) and a SOIC8 clip to read/write Lenovo bios files. My HP has another and bigger chip. So I dont know what type of clip I need to read out the bios. Can you help me? Thanks!
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...99#post1234299

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

hello, me too, i need help for 32MB:

laptop / HP PROBOOK 440 G9 /
              motherboard / X8SA DA0X8SMB8H1 REV: H /
              cpu / INTEL 12TH GEN /

serrial number / 5CD228H508
              spi chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8
              ec chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8

i notice a custom logo in place of hp logo at boot.

thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Is this tool paid?
                I downloaded it to test on an HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation APW5U LA-C401P with PASSWORD, but it doesn't show anything but 3 messages.

Please consider donating through Paypal by clicking here

Unlocker developed by RethoricalCheese

Missing file destination argument!

Comment

Originally posted by sandroironman View Post
                  Is this tool paid?
                  I downloaded it to test on an HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation APW5U LA-C401P with PASSWORD, but it doesn't show anything but 3 messages.

Please consider donating through Paypal by clicking here

Unlocker developed by RethoricalCheese

Missing file destination argument!
                  Its free. Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Please unlock the password. the program gives errors.
                    HPproBook4535s
                    Attached Files

Comment

HP Probook 450 G6 here, had a bios password and I was able to dump the bios and use the tool which shows all of the laptops info and said unlocked. Upon writing it back the laptop will only boot to a screen that system locked press enter to restart and it does that over and over.

One thing I did notice when reading the bios is it gives me two options once it detects it and it will read from both.

Thoughts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, my HP EliteBook 840 G3 has a locked BIOS. The colleague doesn't remember password.
                        Can you tell me step boy step how remove the password?

Comment

Originally posted by chespa82 View Post
                          Hi, my HP EliteBook 840 G3 has a locked BIOS. The colleague doesn’t remember password.
                          Can you tell me step boy step how remove the password?
                          You need a SPI programmer...extract the content of the bios chip, use the program from post #1, and back to the chip with the new content..watch a video as an example..
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

This is incredibly fascinating. I was trying to find the bios portion needed from the factory bin and couldn't figure it out. This guy just makes a tool doing it in one step with Bios_region. ��

I'd still like to know where in the new bios you can find the part needed to unlock a locked bin.

Comment

Well unit refused to boot just black screen and fan full speed, ill desolder the bios chip and reflash it tomorrow.

Hp elite book 850 G5
                              I used flashrom on a raspberry pi w to backup and flash but I had to export the "bios_region" from the file using "Uefi Tool" to get the RCUnlocker to read it. Would not read the full bin without throwing an error otherwise. I then remerged the bin and flashed it.
                              Last edited by Shadowtuy; 08-30-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Well, that is why I put in place the 32MB restriction. You had to modify 16MB chip (on the other side of the board), not 32MB main bios.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                  Well, that is why I put in place the 32MB restriction. You had to modify 16MB chip (on the other side of the board), not 32MB main bios.
                                  Whoops

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowtuy View Post
                                    Whoops
                                    OK backup flashed to 32mb chip and unlocked the 16mb one! We are back up and running.

Gotta be the coolest thing I've done since the Xbox 360 "kamikaze hack" to reflash their disc drives!

Comment

Hi there, a little information about the program: i've dumped the BIOS of an elitebook 8470p, using the tool i've get ad error, but it generate a new file with "_unlock". if i check the md5 of the files, they are the same... how can i remove the losted password? In this one it was sync on a ldap server and the server not exist anymore.. thx in advantage

Comment

Originally posted by tioigor96 View Post
                                        Hi there, a little information about the program: i've dumped the BIOS of an elitebook 8470p, using the tool i've get ad error, but it generate a new file with "_unlock". if i check the md5 of the files, they are the same... how can i remove the losted password? In this one it was sync on a ldap server and the server not exist anymore.. thx in advantage
                                        post the original bios..
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I`ve a HP EliteBook 8470p. Bios with password. I`ve tried to remove the password with the RCUnlocker v.01, but i got this error:
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X