HP OMEN 15-dc0xxx no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP OMEN 15-dc0xxx no post

Hello forum, i have a problem with my hp omen 15-dc0001ng , it`s a verry powerfull and capable laptop but for now it is not dead only in limbo i think ) . so...let me tell you what are the simptoms what happened and maybe someone cand get on the bottom of this because i just got to the point where the next step is to throw him out the window . Well so two months ago after i was working on him and then game some 2 hours i powered off and the second day when to power on blank screen 3 long caps lock lights and 2 short lights caps lock , then i just took out my old asus and start browsing these caps lock seems to be the ram and on hp says reseat the ram i did that 50 times nothink...then i find the information that the bios doesn`t comunicate with ram properly or bios corruption was in place. Good ...the i folowed instructios to wotk with windows+B or windows+v makeing a bios recovery stick nothink worked. i took the laptop to a repair shop those guys didn`t saw this kind of laptop in the shop and after 1 week called me to take the laptop back because they don`t know what was happening ...well i told them to close shop and go to the country side and go work on the fields or somethink ) and i took tha matter on my own hands ..i buyed a ch341 programmer and i got a bios dump from both chips the main one is a 25B127DSIG and second 25Q80CSIG both dumps had information on them so no FFFF. the motherboard is DAG3BMB8D0 REV: D the laptop powers up one cooler spins all the usb on the motherboard works i can charge my phone on them so current flows , the charger charges orange when charge white when full don`t ask for multimeter because i don`t have and i forgot how to use a multimeter from highschool )

if someone cand make light on this matter and can help me i will apreciate all the info , thanks in advance .
    Attached Files

Re: HP OMEN 15-dc0001ng no post

Originally posted by sagaris View Post
    Hello forum, i have a problem with my hp omen , it`s a verry powerfull and capable laptop but for now it is not dead only in limbo i think ) . so...let me tell you what are the simptoms what happened and maybe someone cand get on the bottom of this because i just got to the point where the next step is to throw him out the window . Well so two months ago after i was working on him and then game some 2 hours i powered off and the second day when to power on blank screen 3 long caps lock lights and 2 short lights caps lock , then i just took out my old asus and start browsing these caps lock seems to be the ram and on hp says reseat the ram i did that 50 times nothink...then i find the information that the bios doesn`t comunicate with ram properly or bios corruption was in place. Good ...the i folowed instructios to wotk with windows+B or windows+v makeing a bios recovery stick nothink worked. i took the laptop to a repair shop those guys didn`t saw this kind of laptop in the shop and after 1 week called me to take the laptop back because they don`t know what was happening ...well i told them to close shop and go to the country side and go work on the fields or somethink ) and i took tha matter on my own hands ..i buyed a ch341 programmer and i got a bios dump from both chips the main one is a 25B127DSIG and second 25Q80CSIG both dumps had information on them so no FFFF. the motherboard is DAG3BMB8D0 REV: D the laptop powers up one cooler spins all the usb on the motherboard works i can charge my phone on them so current flows , the charger charges orange when charge white when full don`t ask for multimeter because i don`t have and i forgot how to use a multimeter from highschool )

if someone cand make light on this matter and can help me i will apreciate all the info , thanks in advance .
    bios extracted from the HP site update

DMI 340000-3410FF
    KEYWIN A9E000-A9E03F
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      bios extracted from the HP site update

DMI 340000-3410FF
      KEYWIN A9E000-A9E03F
      thanks but i saw that i have 2 chips one has a 1 mega file and one 16 mb so what to flash primary or secondary? and how it need to be done one to be erased and one flashed or how? and how to write this dmi and keywin?

Comment

thanks but i saw that i have 2 chips one has a 1 mega file and one 16 mb so what to flash primary or secondary? and how it need to be done one to be erased and one flashed or how? and how to write this dmi and keywin?
        change only the content of the 16MB bios chip, the 1MB one remains the same..use the HxD program, enter the contents of the original 16 Mb chip and the update sent in it, and copy those intervals from the original bios in the update .. (copy-paste). ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          change only the content of the 16MB bios chip, the 1MB one remains the same..use the HxD program, enter the contents of the original 16 Mb chip and the update sent in it, and copy those intervals from the original bios in the update .. (copy-paste). ..
          SORRY BUT HOW TO DO THAT? HOW TO PASTE THIS `DMI 340000-3410FF
          KEYWIN A9E000-A9E03F` INTO WHATEVER IS THERE?

Comment

sorry but how to do that? How to paste this `dmi 340000-3410ff
            keywin a9e000-a9e03f` into whatever is there?
            here you go
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
              here you go
              thanks a lot i will try to flash tommorow when i get back home now i`m at work , i didnt`t understand untill i got the light over my head peste refered on data lines from the code from where to copy to where and copy paste to the virgin file where is no syntax code ...i am an idiot i realized about it when i arrived at work i did somethink to that file how peste told me but i got now after reflash 5 blinks long 3 short so...maybe i just pasted the wrong line codes ?

Comment

well i come home i reflashed bios with the new bin file with dmi nothing 3 long blips 2 short on the caps lock ...maybe it`s somethink else i`m missing? in programer it shows 3 types of detected chips on main bios and 2 on second is any diference? because the main bios i flashed with the first option
                Attached Files

Comment

well i come home i reflashed bios with the new bin file with dmi nothing 3 long blips 2 short on the caps lock ...maybe it`s somethink else i`m missing? in programer it shows 3 types of detected chips on main bios and 2 on second is any diference? because the main bios i flashed with the first option

try one of these programs for CH341a

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7

Comment

Nope still 3 blinks long 2 short I flashed 2 times with each program...am I stupid or the motherboard has a short somewhere.... I will buy a multimeter and learn to use that again or maybe the bin file should be decompiled and recompiled with image flash tool I just thaught of that until I waited for nothing to flash ��

Comment

Nope still 3 blinks long 2 short I flashed 2 times with each program...am I stupid or the motherboard has a short somewhere.... I will buy a multimeter and learn to use that again or maybe the bin file should be decompiled and recompiled with image flash tool I just thaught of that until I waited for nothing to flash ��
                      Some of the black PCB version CH341A programmers output 5V instead of 3.3 ,there`s a mod you can do by soldering a piece of wire - https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod

You can choose GD25Q128 as the chip manually (use ASProgrammer or NeoProgrammer).Plug the charger into power jack if you`re using a clip,then select the chip,then choose blank,then program the bios by gayyum786 ,you don`t need to mess with FIT or the ME, the bios is AOK.

If its still the same after that then try different ram or clean the gold fingers with a pencil eraser if they`re tarnished.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-14-2021, 07:15 AM.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Some of the black PCB version CH341A programmers output 5V instead of 3.3 ,there`s a mod you can do by soldering a piece of wire - https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod

You can choose GD25Q128 as the chip manually (use ASProgrammer or NeoProgrammer).Plug the charger into power jack if you`re using a clip,then select the chip,then choose blank,then program the bios by gayyum786 ,you don`t need to mess with FIT or the ME, the bios is AOK.

If its still the same after that then try different ram or clean the gold fingers with a pencil eraser if they`re tarnished.

thanks for the reply, maybe you are right about the voltage of the ch341 i don`t have a multimeter to say for shure , the ideea is that the chip is flashing after the flash when i read the data from the chip or now after 4 hours when i clip it and read it the data is there exactly...now on the other hand i tried an swaped with other ram sticks botom and up or even one bank at a time nothink ...the only thing is maybe the ram banks are gone...that will be unusual because i have the same ram from the first time when he got dead and got back alive by pressing some keys ...now i don`t remember what keys i`ve tried with win+v, win+b, win+arrow keys, win + whatever key i don`t really now what is with this piece of junk ....the motherboard is clean i used cotton buds and isopropil alcohol on every crevase and crack of the motherboard ...no covid there ))) maybe the dump that i got for all of you is not complete or it was damaged in some way because for aall that hassle to not do anythink is unusual...btw when i put the ram on the bottom bank i get the same caps lock but when i moved it to bank up it doesn`t blink but it do not post neither.....

Comment

the chip is 127 not 128 on the forum it says to flash the same type of chip so....127c but is the same as with 128 if i select and flash no diference whatsoevere

Comment

i measured the ch341a i have 5v , i took a measure on the motherboard and i have 2 coils that are short i will atach photo
                            Attached Files

Comment

i measured the ch341a i have 5v , i took a measure on the motherboard and i have 2 coils that are short i will atach photo
                              This part of the forum is the bios requests.Modify your CH341A first and program the bios,if its not working ok after that and you want more help start a new thread in the main laptop forum - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

This part of the forum is the bios requests.Modify your CH341A first and program the bios,if its not working ok after that and you want more help start a new thread in the main laptop forum - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23
                                well i do not understand why to modify the ch341a when even if he has 5v my chips are recognized read erased and verified even the dump posted was made in the same way so i don`t think the modify of the programer does impact on the same things i do maybe the bios is not complete in some way because after some digin the first main bios 16 mb stores some data and the second stores region and some other stuff it`s true that the dmi on the virgin bios was not written ... maybe i need to go to another shop to get second opinion or else buy another motherboard because with or without 5v the program says the data is erase wrriten and verified corectly even saveing a new dump on what i write is the same in HDX

Comment

Itf you flashed the bios from post 6 and its verified thats ok.If you left the 1MB chip alone and havn`t erased it thats ok.If you don`t want to modify the programmer thats ok.

Comment

Itf you flashed the bios from post 6 and its verified thats ok.If you left the 1MB chip alone and havn`t erased it thats ok.If you don`t want to modify the programmer thats ok.
                                    ok let me tell you what i did i saved the bioses both that are from the first post then when i got the bios with dmi i flashed that first...the same 3 blips long 2 short, after that in erased and flashed the same 1 mb on the second chip with the same file no harm in that i supose because i have 3 flashes long 2 short still if anyone can get a proper bios dump to get the bios working both chips it will be well cherished i didn`t got here to get responses like ok ... that ok i got it from the shops in my town where they said ok we don`t know

Comment

ok let me tell you what i did i saved the bioses both that are from the first post then when i got the bios with dmi i flashed that first...the same 3 blips long 2 short, after that in erased and flashed the same 1 mb on the second chip with the same file no harm in that i supose because i have 3 flashes long 2 short still if anyone can get a proper bios dump to get the bios working both chips it will be well cherished i didn`t got here to get responses like ok ... that ok i got it from the shops in my town where they said ok we don`t know
                                      You already have a virgin bios,can`t get better than that.The problem now is not with the bios,its something else .

Quote:
                                      btw when i put the ram on the bottom bank i get the same caps lock but when i moved it to bank up it doesn`t blink but it do not post neither.....

Try pressing down slightly on the ram socket.Check all the pins are soldered properly.

Comment

You already have a virgin bios,can`t get better than that.The problem now is not with the bios,its something else .

Quote:
                                        btw when i put the ram on the bottom bank i get the same caps lock but when i moved it to bank up it doesn`t blink but it do not post neither.....

Try pressing down slightly on the ram socket.Check all the pins are soldered properly.
                                        maybe is not a bios issue look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC94OihRjMk i need to get to a shop to get look at this if it`s true or not

Comment

Working...
                                        X