Attached Files

Comment

Re: ThinkPad T14 Supervisor password

Originally posted by karem adel View Post
      Please help

NM-C931
      T14 I5/10
      need patch
      Patch is not possible on 32mb models, this model's bios password is in MEC1663

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
        RT809H worked for me for T14 Gen 2 via JTAG, but unfortunately secure boot is grayed out in bios. Please can someone help with the bios molding ? I'll post my back if needed
        hello friend, Could you post pictures or schematic of the jtag in this model?

Comment

ThinkPad T14 Gen2 pass

Hello, i have one T14 GEN2 with bios password

HT4B0/HP4B0/HT5B1/HP5B1/HT4B2
          NM-D353 Rev: 1.0

readed with ch341a 2 chips

i have also Vision programmer /vertyanov/

who can help me to unlock it?

tnx

or anobody with jtag pinout for MEC1503-EA2 on this board?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gsm4all; 08-31-2023, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Hey guys got a T14s with locked bios password. Was able to read the bin file from Windbond chip but no clue what I am looking for to edit the file with Hxd64. can anyone help with removing password?

Model is T14s Gen 1 / SN: PC-2317FY
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by santoslao View Post
              Has anyone read the EC IT8300 chip, from thinkpad T14 AMD, using RT809? Mine is giving an error and even with everything right, would there be any other modification on the board that I do to make the reading? I don't have vertyanov and I don't have svod.
              Hi bro ,
              Can you tell me what is that Black cable staying above the PCB board near the GND writing? or it was just accidentally put there?

I have the same parts (received with RT809H) that I want to try with RT809H and KBC to remove the password from Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen1 model

Also can you tell us the position of the R/W resistor on this model of laptop?

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_57 View Post
                Hello
                where to buy good hardware RT809H?
                I bought mine at Aliexpress full set with more than 50 parts. Very satisfied with this product
                Last edited by ordinateur; 10-01-2023, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                  After a lot of persistence I was able to remove the bios password from T14! I believe that few here know how to do it and no one shares it, I understand that certain types of information are not shared and are sold! But I persistently come to inform you that the (Thinkpad T14 1st 20S1) was unlocked by an RT809H the only programmer I have. Here are photos in the attachment, now all that remains is to reverse the bios information, but I had taken a photo first of all.
                  Can you send JTAG pinouts please or can I use KBC connector? I have RT809H and want to try it...

My motherboard is this in picture, anybody know pinouts for JTAG or can I use KBC connector with RT809H?

Laptop model is T14 GEN1 with Ryzen processor

Thanks
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ordinateur; 10-04-2023, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ordinateur View Post
                    Can you send JTAG pinouts please or can I use KBC connector? I have RT809H and want to try it...
                    My motherboard is this in picture, anybody know pinouts for JTAG or can I use KBC connector with RT809H?
                    Laptop model is T14 GEN1 with Ryzen processor
                    Thanks
                    You`ve already asked in the T14s thread.......

Read the rules...........

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST NOT:
                    • Hijack threads unrelated to your request
                    • Post a request in multiple threads
                    • Post a request multiple times
                    • Post in foreign (non-English) languages
                    • Share private contact information
                    • Offer payment of any kind whatsoever
                    • Bump your thread or post more than once every 48 hours. If you do so
                      you will receive an infraction
                    • Post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need", "clear me" or other such terms

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes , sorry, but I saw that my board doesn't fit in coolshrimps tutorial as it has MEC chips, but this board of mine has ITE chips and seems that it can be done via KBC connector only, and the R/W resistor which I am not knowing the position of that resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by ordinateur View Post
                        Yes , sorry, but I saw that my board doesn't fit in coolshrimps tutorial as it has MEC chips, but this board of mine has ITE chips and seems that it can be done via KBC connector only, and the R/W resistor which I am not knowing the position of that resistor.
                        I don`t think you have to move any resistors for the ITE chip, don`t know for sure never worked on one of these.
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

no resistors for ite are needed

Just make sure you line up cable properly

Sorry forgot to add all done with vertyanov.
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-06-2023, 04:44 AM. Reason: Merged 3 seperate posts

Comment

Will have to look in the RT809H forums as there I see that even RT809 can write these EC or chips or what are these, otherwise I don't believe that just SVOD or Vertyanov can handle these chips and RT809H no.

But the worst thing is that the forums are in Chinese and I am not managing to even register on there, but I am just translating the sites with Google....

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post

So just to sum it up and be sure that I've totally understood how these new models are built/working regarding the supervisor password removal :

After reading/writing MEC16xx chip with a blank/empty dump, there are some things that needs to be reconfigured.

Technically, from my understanding, MEC16xx chip contains these informations (nothing else to declare ?) :
                              • Machine type
                              • Model Type
                              • Country code
                              • S/N / Serial Number
                              • BIOS/Supervisor password
                              • Computrace informations maybe ?

While using the Lenovo HMD (Hardware Maintenance Diskette) v1.90, there are ways to fulfill these informations using option 20 or C0 and typing this sequency : 1STTTTMMMMCCSSSSSSSS which is composed of :
                              • TTTT > Machine type
                              • MMMM > Model Type
                              • CC > Country code
                              • SSSSSSSS > S/N / Serial Number

So chronologically, steps would be :
                              1. Solder wires on JTAG pins (close to the MEC16xx chip on the motherboard)
                              2. Write an free from password dump of a MEC16xx chip
                              3. Boot on the Lenovo HMD (hopefully no BIOS errors will be preventing from booting on an USB stick at that time)
                              4. Use the option "20" or "C0" to fulfill the informations into the MEC16xx chip memory
                              5. That's it ?

Am I correct ?
                              Question Simkard ---> If the serial number and/or the model type &/or machine type are in the ballpark (i.e. from a T-14 Gen 1) but not the exact one for the machine being fixed, what happens then? Would it affect things like the proper functioning of the power button for example?? I have a case where a T-14S Gen1 machine is functioning properly in every way after a Supervisor Password delete utilizing a Vertyanov Successor programmer but the serial number, model number and machine type numbers are wrong. The physical power button does not work. Also, the shutdown function in W10 Pro does not work but sleep does as well as restart. I am able to use the Microsoft Update function (was able to load and update W10 pro through various update iterations no problem) so that means the machine does completely shutdown but doesn't remain shut. I have already removed Fast Restart from Windows. Can you provide any help whether tinkering with the EC has somehow now disabled the power button?

Comment

Can you help me with a JTAG connection diagram for T14 gen1 Intel CPU?
                                Last edited by danito; 12-15-2023, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post
                                  Can you help me with a JTAG connection diagram for T14 gen1 Intel CPU?
                                  This is the wrong thread. You have to look up MEC1663 JTAG Pinout in search.

Comment

Hello guys
                                    There some informations about lenovo thinkpad new generation laptop
                                    I1st option is usual jtag
                                    2nd one is that you can modify bios bin in certain lines addresses and those modifications can delete the password
                                    I found this on the internet maybe it's possible maybe it's not
                                    If someone Can confirm that

Comment

Originally posted by KABY View Post
                                      Hello guys
                                      There some informations about lenovo thinkpad new generation laptop
                                      I1st option is usual jtag
                                      2nd one is that you can modify bios bin in certain lines addresses and those modifications can delete the password
                                      I found this on the internet maybe it's possible maybe it's not
                                      If someone Can confirm that
                                      Modifying the bios is only possible on old models. This topic is for the T14 which requires MEC1663 JTAG and a programmer compatible with it

Comment

Working...
                                      X