Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 7310 Bios Password 8FC8

Originally posted by zszahid View Post
    Try this one
    thank you it's worked

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
      1st boot, press F2, write service tag, disable Absolute, save, restart. 2nd boot press Alt+F to exit manufacturing mode.
      hello , sorry for the delay to responce, i flashed the spi rom and follow the steps it work , thank you to give me your time for help. @lapfix

Comment

Hi guys, I have this laptop but which chip is the bios i need to get to please?

Comment

Hopefully the right one, please remove the password, thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johnisburt View Post
            Hopefully the right one, please remove the password, thank you
            Ready
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ddhlawi View Post
              thank you it's worked
              Dell 7310
              Admin unlock in bios says 1Y0MBS3-8FC8
              ST: GKBDGB3
              EX: 36056944335
              bios 1.4.1
              asset and ownership tag - none
              manufacture date 01/16/2021

That is all info from reverse of laptop

I think I have done this wrong , new post sends me to main forum but i am told to check here first in rules.

I have ex work Laptop Dell 7310

Made redundant and it is a year later but it is virtually unusable and total waste atm

I would like to add a clean Windows but the bios has passwords set on everything it says locked/unlock (if i try to unlock I get that number 1Y0MBS3-8FC8 and a box I need to type into to unlock.

I am not computer savvy but I feel I am getting somewhere, It has only taken me a year.

Am I flogging a dead horse?

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
                Ready
                Sorry for delay had to get another programmer. many thanks works great

Comment

can you let me know what tool you're using to unlock the dump from an 8FC8 ?

thanks

ive compared the locked and unlocked files posted here and it looks like the methods vary somewhat

ive seen it said that searching for AA within an address range and replacing it with 00 will work but that sounds like a bad idea as im sure AA will appear all over the place

or should I just use an unlocked dump and copy my me region from the original locked bios to the unlocked one ?
                  Last edited by Vesko356; 07-31-2023, 03:13 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

I would also like to know an answer to this

If I transplant my bios me region into one of these unlocked files will it work ?

Comment

Originally posted by 65c102 View Post
                      I would also like to know an answer to this

If I transplant my bios me region into one of these unlocked files will it work ?
                      nope, you have to perform a clean ME Region to your bios dump.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...50&postcount=3
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      all donations are welcome,
                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                      >>>>>
                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry I didnt read your reply before going ahead

I did use one of the unlocked files from this forum and replaced the me region with the one I saved from my locked bios

crossed my fingers and switched on the laptop

fan was spinning fast with a black screen, after around 1 min ? the laptop rebooted and I was able to enter the bios

the first thing it asked was for me to enter the service tag which I did

after this I restored bios defaults and rebooted

everything is working correctly so far and fan is normal, installing a fresh windows 10 and doing windows updates ... so far no issues

did I just get lucky ? it seems to have worked
                        Last edited by 65c102; 09-11-2023, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Sorry I didnt read your reply before going ahead

I did use one of the unlocked files from this forum and replaced the me region with the one I saved from my locked bios

crossed my fingers and switched on the laptop

fan was spinning fast with a black screen, after around 1 min ? the laptop rebooted and I was able to enter the bios

the first thing it asked was for me to enter the service tag which I did

after this I restored bios defaults and rebooted

everything is working correctly so far and fan is normal, installing a fresh windows 10 and doing windows updates ... so far no issues

did I just get lucky ? it seems to have worked
                          check in Device Manager - System Devices if you have Intel Management Interface, also in Task Manager -Performance if CPU speed is not limited to 0.8GHz
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          >>>>>

Comment

in task manager performance the cpu under load is showing 2.79GHz

in device manager in system devices I see intel management engine interface working correctly

Comment

in task manager performance the cpu under load is showing 2.79GHz

in device manager in system devices I see intel management engine interface working correctly
                              so it'a all ok. but I don't understand why didn't you upload your bios dump here to unlock it, instead doing this kind of way-around.
                              >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                I don't understand why didn't you upload your bios dump here to unlock it
                                I repair laptops for a living, mostly liquid damaged components
                                sometimes one will come in for a fresh windows/osx installation with a bios password/efi lock and its very rare that the customer will remember what they setup (annoying)

for the windows machines I use a java-script master password generator that handles most brands of laptop including dell but doesn't handle 8FC8 and two others

I just wanted to do some experimenting with the me region to see if it worked and possibly learn something new

but now I'm not sure why this worked as you said that it wouldn't

i'll do some more experiments
                                Last edited by 65c102; 09-11-2023, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Hello i got an Latitude 7310 that does not post currently (blinks 3 amber and 6 white)
                                  i don't know if the bios is corrupt or not
                                  and it was locked when it worked
                                  i've tried the usb recovery with no success

Service tag: 816TN73
                                  Board: LA-J261P
                                  Chip: XM25QH256B

Sorry if i posted in the wrong part of the forum
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Karthor; 11-29-2023, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthor View Post
                                    Hello i got an Latitude 7310 that does not post currently (blinks 3 amber and 6 white)
                                    i don't know if the bios is corrupt or not
                                    and it was locked when it worked
                                    i've tried the usb recovery with no success

Service tag: 816TN73
                                    Board: LA-J261P
                                    Chip: XM25QH256B

Sorry if i posted in the wrong part of the forum
                                    Try this file ...
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post

Try this file ...
                                      Thanks got it working after i got a battery for the laptop then i could do usb recovery but i don't know if i screwed up with the service tag thing i exited manufactering mode at 1st boot then got into the bios and entered the service tag there, everything seems to work fine right now and no password on bios

Comment

Hello i need Dell Latitude 7310 bios pass.
                                        Service Tag: 94BMQ73

Thank you

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tix2 View Post
                                          Hello i need Dell Latitude 7310 bios pass.
                                          Service Tag: 94BMQ73

Thank you
                                          AAAAAAAA
                                          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X