ME Firmware Cleaning Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ME Firmware Cleaning Guide

Win-raid doesnt exist anymore, how can i get the flash bios tools now? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by thedoger82 View Post
      Win-raid doesnt exist anymore, how can i get the flash bios tools now? thanks!
      Why don't you read post #1 again before asking questions? Win-raid forum has migrated to a new web address, all URL`s in post #1 are updated from old win-raid links.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Some motherboards have dual bios chips.FIT can`t work without first joining the bios backups together into one file.

To join two files together you can use a hex editor,file joining software or a batch script that runs from the windows command line.

To make a batch script copy the text without the quotes "" into notepad:

"@ECHO OFF

copy 8MB.bin /B + 16MB.bin /B 8+16MB_Joined.bin /B

pause"

Save the file with any name you like followed by a .bat file extension,for example: Join_8+16MB.bat

When the batch file is run the files named 8MB.bin and 16MB.bin are joined together and a new file is made called 8+16MB_Joined.bin

Both filenames must be renamed to match your own filenames,or you can rename your bios backups to match the script filenames.
        Multiple scripts can be made and kept in the same folder.

After cleaning the ME firmware FIT will split the files back again.

Does anyone know how to make a script to unite dual bios files, regardless of what size they are?

Comment

Originally posted by sandroironman View Post
          Does anyone know how to make a script to unite dual bios files, regardless of what size they are?
          Didn't you even bother to read the quoted message in your post?

Thanks to all supporters.​
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Greetings friends, I've been trying to understand how the new way to clean the ME from a bios works for some time, and in this version 16.1.xxx it's quite complex! If anyone knows or can explain it to me I would be very grateful. In the example I use a bios of a dell precision 3571, where I can't even unzip the file, even with the MFIT in the current version of the file or in the previous version according to the error that appears.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by santoslao View Post
              Greetings friends, I've been trying to understand how the new way to clean the ME from a bios works for some time, and in this version 16.1.xxx it's quite complex! If anyone knows or can explain it to me I would be very grateful. In the example I use a bios of a dell precision 3571, where I can't even unzip the file, even with the MFIT in the current version of the file or in the previous version according to the error that appears.
              No ways. It's possible if 16.0.xxx version.

Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by santoslao View Post
                Use MFIT 16.0 with ME 16.0 firmware. Post the bios in one of the related thread topics,or start a new thread,we`ll see if we can do anything with it.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                  No ways.
                  Where there`s a will there`s a way .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

No ways. It's possible if 16.0.xxx version.
                    attention to the details of the prints.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Use MFIT 16.0 with ME 16.0 firmware. Post the bios in one of the related thread topics,or start a new thread,we`ll see if we can do anything with it.
                      Hello friend, thank you for your feedback and for your interest in the subject. See that I posted prints, and they are from the same firmware, notice that the print. of ME Analyzer has a very strange information by the way, in the version this one is "ME 16.1.25.2128" and was created by a Flash Image tool "16.0.15.1662". I tested it in both FIT but it doesn't open in any of them, that was my question about it, why it doesn't open in any of the FIT, be it 16.1xxx or 16.0xxx.

See.. https://youtu.be/a63Lhep3Jz0
                      Last edited by santoslao; 08-20-2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Flash image tool 16.1

Hello please i need Flash image tool 16.1.exe if someone has it and could upload it thank you

Comment

Hello! I am having troubles with opening a BIOS dump with the FIT tool, receiving error 179.

I have tried several different versions of the FIT tool, but no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by ngenius101 View Post
                            Hello! I am having troubles with opening a BIOS dump with the FIT tool, receiving error 179.

I have tried several different versions of the FIT tool, but no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                            Have you checked the ME version using ME Analyzer

Comment

Hi brother, please give me knowledge
                              On CSME 14 I did not find the ME Region.bin file in the Decomp folder as mentioned in point 5.
                              I usually clean ME by replacing the ME file via the menu in FIT, namely "Intel(R) ME Binary File".
                              Is the method I usually do correct or not?

Comment

Originally posted by cyngo View Post
                                Hi brother, please give me knowledge
                                On CSME 14 I did not find the ME Region.bin file in the Decomp folder as mentioned in point 5.
                                I usually clean ME by replacing the ME file via the menu in FIT, namely "Intel(R) ME Binary File".
                                Is the method I usually do correct or not?
                                ME suppatition region

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

ME suppatition region
                                  it means ME Sub Partition ?
                                  Thank you, very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by cyngo View Post
                                    it means ME Sub Partition ?
                                    Thank you, very helpful
                                    Yes , i can't remember extractly

Comment

Flash Image Tool 15.0.35.1932
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-02-2023, 03:36 PM.

Comment

CSME System Tools v16.1 r0-1
                                        Enjoy.
                                        Attached Files
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                        all donations are welcome,
                                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                        >>>>>
                                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I checked my BIOS dump with ME analyzer, which is 9.1.37.1002.

I use Intel ME System Tools v9.1 r7 package and FIT, but no matter what I do I will always get an error when opening the BIOS dump in FIT. No idea what I could be doing wrong. Error number 22.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X