X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by drjlt View Post
    Flashed multiple times. I think the clip / programmer is problematic:

With CH341A programmer v1.34, I couldn't get a consistent read that passes verification.

With ASProgrammer, I was able to get two reads that were identical and passed verification. However, they still looked different to another dump of the same model I found on this forum.

Since the laptop is a brick from the company that contracted me for work and who no longer wants it (but locked it with SVP thanks very much). I went ahead and tried to flash anyway.

At first, I got black screen with beeps, possibly 1-3-3-1.

Then, I used ASProgrammer and unchecked "Do not write FF".

Now, it only blinks the power button once after each reset. I suspect that BIOS is not written correctly. Not surprising, as the read result is different than what's just been written???

What could be a good solution without de-soldering the chip, which I don't have the tools for?

Thanks
    Should detect first

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya11ttt View Post
      Should detect first
      It is W25Q128JV.

Detected as BV/CV/FV.

Flashed as FV.

Comment

I found out that NeoProgrammer works better and is able to detect the chip (though the settings should be identical to BV/CV/FV).

Either this or it was because I didn't disconnect the battery when flashing before.

Now, I can get a consistent write and read.

I also extracted the BIOS file directly from Lenovo for this model (9MB, presumably with the last 7MB empty).

Unfortunately, I still get black screen and no POST.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Worked perfectly fine on a Lenovo X280 ThinkPad Type 20KE that was updated to the latest (as of today) bios from Lenovo while still locked.
          Bios chip was a MX25L12873F
          Used CH341a programmer, no 3.3V mod.
          AsProgrammer 2.1.0.13 (not sure if links are allowed, so just google it)
          Chip desoldered (then resoldered, then desoldered and resoldered again )

Comment

To make it easier for everyone who is more laypersons or are having difficulty in the tutorial of our friend who created the script. I created an executable based on the original script, but the user will only have to drag the BIOS file on top of the executable so that it performs the auto-patcher.

hope it helps everyone.
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-20-2022, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
              Try this file :

lenovo t460 supervisor password
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardoito View Post
                To make it easier for everyone who is more laypersons or are having difficulty in the tutorial of our friend who created the script. I created an executable based on the original script, but the user will only have to drag the BIOS file on top of the executable so that it performs the auto-patcher.

hope it helps everyone.
                Your tool create a new file but that file's same original file. In short it's only rename file.
                Last edited by hoaca388; 07-20-2022, 08:12 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by ricardoito View Post

hope it helps everyone.
                  Sorry,no more home made software can be posted without posting the source code.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST NOT:
                  • Attempt to sell anything
                  • Post external link to paid or registration only website (incl. in archive)
                  • Post passworded archive
                  • Post unsolicited self-advertisment
                  • Nag people with solutions you are not willing to share
                  • Share private contact information
                  • Do business in private messages
                  • Seek businness opportunities
                  • Openly ask for donations
                  • Post software with malware
                  • Post homemade software breaking any of these rules
                  • Willingly post misinformation

You MUST:
                  • Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites
                  • Post the source code of any homemade software¹

¹. There are been multiple controversies about software developed by the community in the past. In order to avoid it happening again and support sharing the actual knowledge, source code will be required for any future software developed by the community. Source code will be highly appreciated for any existing software or for online software (SaaS type). In case of any suspicion of broken rule for existing software or online software, the software may be removed if the source code is not released.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by drjlt View Post
                    I found out that NeoProgrammer works better and is able to detect the chip (though the settings should be identical to BV/CV/FV).

Either this or it was because I didn't disconnect the battery when flashing before.

Now, I can get a consistent write and read.

I also extracted the BIOS file directly from Lenovo for this model (9MB, presumably with the last 7MB empty).

Unfortunately, I still get black screen and no POST.

Any thoughts?
                    I'm afraid the board has some electrical problems from either shorts or statics. Just another brick now.

Comment

i have computrace lock with no bios password

someone can help me? please

it's a Lenovo Thinkpad P72

Comment

worked great. Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woodpud View Post
                          Thanks for the great thread but no matter for the life of me can i get the autopatcher to run i have python installed but it just wont seem to work, could anyone possibly patch a file for me ?
                          Many thanks
                          David
                          install python 3.8 32bit, I had the same problem and solved installing 32bit version.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hi . can someone help me with x380 model and x280 model please

Comment

Originally posted by elewa20 View Post
                              hi . can someone help me with x380 model and x280 model please
                              Here
                              Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a Thinkpad T14s 10Th Feb, 32mb BIOS size with supervisory password. I need your help

Comment

Originally posted by LatinMcG View Post
                                  im stuck.. i have 2 files.
                                  the T495 boots to the id and pass!
                                  but the universal patched boots F1 shuts off.
                                  while this one asks for id pwd.
                                  can this be patched to bypass w any pass ?
                                  are you able to fix it using the attached bin?

Comment

hello again. need help with t470. latest bios is installed. autopatcher do patching without errors. when flashed, just blank screen, no beeps, no start. is this new protection from lenovo or what ? thanks in advance.

Comment

@lamo
                                      Maybe your ThinkPad DOES NOT have a Supervisor Password Active at all, try to install any locked hard drive and that will also "activate" the patch, follow the instructions.

Comment

Hi.
                                        Thank you for this tool. I've got many successes with unlocking T470 and T460s so far.
                                        Today I have Lenovo T540P with 2 spi chips, after reading some posts from this thread I've desoldered the 4MB chip read it and put it in the Autopatcher and flashed it with patched file.
                                        After powering up the laptop I have a blank screen with 2x 5beeps.
                                        I flashed my original file back and everything is back to normal.
                                        It would be great if someone could look into my original file and try to patch it.
                                        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                          @lamo
                                          Maybe your ThinkPad DOES NOT have a Supervisor Password Active at all, try to install any locked hard drive and that will also "activate" the patch, follow the instructions.
                                          well. with original locked bios, the laptop starts as usual. when flashing patched bios - laptop becomes bricked. svp presents on original bios.
                                          i would glad to edit eeprom area of mec1653 but there're too many mess to make jtag work with this board.
                                          Last edited by lamo; 07-27-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X