• Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
    Try this ....
    thanks so much my friend

Comment

Hi All, I just Googled and found this active forum. Does auto patcher work on ThinkCentre tiny machine? I had the M920q 10RS machine supervisor password set long time ago and forgotten.

Comment

Hi
        seems it does not work with Lenovo y50-70 possibly due to the fact it does not prompt for any code just lock after third attempt with wrong password. Are there any tools for Y50 or tutorial how to "erase" the password from the bios? I have CH341a programmer and bios dump I could also solder/de-solder bios but looking for some tutorial what should be edited.
        Any hint/help welcomed - and yes I did searched the forum but found only request for y50 passw unlock and reply with unlocked bios but no hints how I can do it myself to learn sth. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by czeslavFu View Post
          Hi
          seems it does not work with Lenovo y50-70 possibly due to the fact it does not prompt for any code just lock after third attempt with wrong password. Are there any tools for Y50 or tutorial how to "erase" the password from the bios? I have CH341a programmer and bios dump I could also solder/de-solder bios but looking for some tutorial what should be edited.
          Any hint/help welcomed - and yes I did searched the forum but found only request for y50 passw unlock and reply with unlocked bios but no hints how I can do it myself to learn sth. :-(
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=Y50-70

clean ME will do it ...
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

OK thx I will try it then.
            BTW shortening/connecting SCLK/SI pins (pin 6 & 5) of bios chip (U4) does work so I can enter the bios without the password but then cannot change it, anyway all other settings can be changed and saved :-)
            The sequence is: 1. use Lenovo key 2. then choose Enter Bios but before pressing Enter the pins need to be shorten/connected (I've just soldered wired switch for convenience) for a while and then Enter pressed and in this very moment pins should be disconnected.
            It needs some patience but worked 3 times in the row :-)
            Last edited by czeslavFu; 01-06-2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I can confirm that autopatcher does not work with Lenovo p52(8th gen).I read dump twice compare it using HXD.
              After patching and writing patched dump to eeprom i get nothing on the screen and laptop plays error melody.

Comment

tthanks

Comment

Can you, please help me remove supervisor password from L460? i've made patched file, but after flashing it, laptop doesn't boot with red F1 led. I've found some info, that this patch is not working with L460...
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0n1k View Post
                    Can you, please help me remove supervisor password from L460? i've made patched file, but after flashing it, laptop doesn't boot with red F1 led. I've found some info, that this patch is not working with L460...
                    Just follow the first post, just did it on my L460

@Knucklegrumble --> THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Syserror View Post
                      Just follow the first post, just did it on my L460

@Knucklegrumble --> THANK YOU!
                      i've made it. After flashig Patched bios - RED led on F1, no boot. Re-flashed it with my dump, everything just fine (but still password). No idea what can be wrong...

UPD. Thanks for your reply. Re-made patch, removed ram, CMOS battery, flashed patched bios, installed ram - patch worked.

Thanks @Knucklegrumble and @Syserror
                      Last edited by fr0n1k; 01-09-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone, who can help unlock the bios
                        lenovo thinkpad l14 gen 1

Comment

Can somebody help me with X390 Thinkpad bios.

I think this one had older motherboard because this chip was readable with CH341A.
                          Tried autopatcher, but after booting laptop just gives contants beeps and flashes some caps lock etc lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty83 View Post
                            Can somebody help me with X390 Thinkpad bios.

I think this one had older motherboard because this chip was readable with CH341A.
                            Tried autopatcher, but after booting laptop just gives contants beeps and flashes some caps lock etc lights.
                            Try
                            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I want to reset the password on my x380.
                              i did two reads and did a cmp on both of them. they are the same surprisingly because i had contact problems. Hope someone can help me. autopatch didnt work. anything else i have to do?

machine type model 20ljs1cj0f

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                Try
                                Same problem. Still beeping after programming that patched file.

That Thinkpad_X390.bin boots fine

Comment

@Monty83
                                  I believe Autopatcher does not work on Thinkpad X390, as it has the Running BIOS and a Backup BIOS, "Self-Healing" prevents patch from working.

Comment

Can anyone please help me remove supervisor password from x270? I've a patched file, but after flashing it, laptop doesn't boot. I've attached the original. cheers.

Comment

sombody help l480 remove password please

Comment

Does somebody have a Lenovo P50 20EN bios without svp? I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi guys.
                                          I'm struggling here with my Thinkpad X250.
                                          Can't start after last night (apparently updates).
                                          My BIOS is locked and I don't know how to proceed with autopath.
                                          PORAD shows me that it saves the file, but it doesn't save it anywhere.
                                          Can you please help me unlock my BIOS?
                                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X