HP ZBook 17 G2 Locked BIOS Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP ZBook 17 G2 Locked BIOS Dump

fyi. Found the correct ic next to the cpu. Didn't need to take out the motherboard, I could reach it after removing the keyboard.

Comment

Read the chip three times at least, compare with hex editor using analysis tab, two at a time, remember you are messing with the BIOS bin, it could brick (momentarily) your laptop. But you have the entire knowledge base of the Badcaps members backing you up. Do not rely on clip, it gives bad reading sometimes, that's why you get three or more readings. After flashing, do not rely on auto-verification, verify again, by doing a fourth reading and comparing to unlocked bin file. If you get no video, wait a few minutes. Thanks for the info regarding location.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
        Read the chip three times at least, compare with hex editor using analysis tab, two at a time, remember you are messing with the BIOS bin, it could brick (momentarily) your laptop. But you have the entire knowledge base of the Badcaps members backing you up. Do not rely on clip, it gives bad reading sometimes, that's why you get three or more readings. After flashing, do not rely on auto-verification, verify again, by doing a fourth reading and comparing to unlocked bin file. If you get no video, wait a few minutes. Thanks for the info regarding location.
        Thanks for the tips ! I took it off btw, I don't use clips. All 4 dumps (overcautious, I know) were identical. Also writing, verifying, dump again and compare. All checks out. Testing it tomorrow when the owner brings their powercord

Comment

Tomorrow was almost 2 months later. Apparently they weren't in a rush..Anyway, now they finally bring me the charger, but it's not the correct charger so it seems. It requires a 19.5v/10.3a charger. They bring me a 19.5v/4.62a one. Now I know a little bit less amps doesn't hurt it, but with this difference I guess the behaviour of the laptop is to be explained (fast blinking powerbutton and capslock when the charger is plugged in). To be continued...

Comment

So, turned out the charger was not the correct one. I now have the correct charger AND the correct battery (was also not supplied the first time around).

It is now unfortunately not working. I see the charging led, but when I turn on the laptop it immediately turns off again. Anyone recognizes this behaviour ?

Since the writing of the bios went okay (I guess, will verify later) I am focusing on something I may have botched.

Remember I mentioned I was taking off the other bios chip first (the wrong one ). While doing that I managed to damage one of the 8 pads that chip was soldered on to. Although I made a jumper to fix that I am unsure whether or not that did the trick. Does anyone have a schematic for the zbook 17 g2 motherboard so I can find an alternative point I can solder the jumper to ?

If that is not the cause of the turn on/turn off behaviour, then maybe it's the actual modified firmware (I put in all zeroes (lowvalues) in the designated area instead of all F's (highvalues)). Or do you guys think either should work ?

Much obliged for your patience and any help you can offer !

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by idog View Post
              Does anyone have a schematic for the zbook 17 g2 motherboard so I can find an alternative point I can solder the jumper to ?
              Dennis
              Laptop schematic requests go here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41 ,use the forum search function as well,it might already be posted.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2022, 03:09 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Laptop schematic requests go here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41 ,use the forum search function as well,it might already be posted.
                Thanks ! I saw this post already requesting it (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=LA-B391P). I admit, he could be more polite about it, but I don't think there's added value in me creating a new post for the exact same schematics, so I'll just keep on eye on that post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                  So, trying to make headway here, but unfortunately the laptop was giving me the silent treatment. All it does now when I turn it on (or when I connect the powercord without a battery in the laptop) is turn on for a second, all the leds (keyboard leds + power + wifi + volume) will light up for a second and it will turn off again. This keeps happening until I unplug it.

Thinking something might have been wrong with the firmware I wrote, I wrote back the original firmware (read back and verified). So the locked one.

Unfortunately, this is still giving me the same behaviour.

The only thing I can imagine is I somehow messed up the surestart bios ic (the small capacity one I mistook for being the actual bios ic in the beginning). I tore one of the pads underneath that one, and I created a jumper for it, but that might be incorrect.

Time to start looking for a replacement motherboard or does anyone have the golden tip here. It's not the bios firmware anymore, I've rewritten it a couple of times now, and it's identical every time. Really suspecting the surestart ic pads (I didn't write anything to that ic, btw).

Comment

So, trying to make headway here, but unfortunately the laptop was giving me the silent treatment. All it does now when I turn it on (or when I connect the powercord without a battery in the laptop) is turn on for a second, all the leds (keyboard leds + power + wifi + volume) will light up for a second and it will turn off again. This keeps happening until I unplug it.

Thinking something might have been wrong with the firmware I wrote, I wrote back the original firmware (read back and verified). So the locked one.

Unfortunately, this is still giving me the same behaviour.

The only thing I can imagine is I somehow messed up the surestart bios ic (the small capacity one I mistook for being the actual bios ic in the beginning). I tore one of the pads underneath that one, and I created a jumper for it, but that might be incorrect.

Time to start looking for a replacement motherboard or does anyone have the golden tip here. It's not the bios firmware anymore, I've rewritten it a couple of times now, and it's identical every time. Really suspecting the surestart ic pads (I didn't write anything to that ic, btw).
                    Ok, so.. I managed to get it to life again. The pad which I tore was not only connected to the via, but also to the capacitor nearby. Made a full jumper and it's back to life. Now for the actual password stuff

Comment

Ok, so.. I managed to get it to life again. The pad which I tore was not only connected to the via, but also to the capacitor nearby. Made a full jumper and it's back to life. Now for the actual password stuff
                      And ... all is well now. Password is gone, everything works. Only took over 2 months from start to finish. And all that for a fourth generation cpu.. ah well. It's the journey I guess

Thanks all !

Comment

Hp zbook 17 g2 la-b3912p let dispaly problem here is bios
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by munir100 View Post
                          Hp zbook 17 g2 la-b3912p let dispaly problem here is bios
                          Try.
                          Attached Files
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks perfect work well done

Comment

Re: HP ZBook Locked BIOS Dump

Hey everyone.
                              I have BIOS Admin password locked dump file.
                              Please let me know if this can be unlocked.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP ZBook Locked BIOS Dump

Originally posted by eho0 View Post
                                Hey everyone.
                                I have BIOS Admin password locked dump file.
                                Please let me know if this can be unlocked.
                                Read the rules before posting:
                                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

Password removal by laptop brand

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.​
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

What settings need to be set in bios to activate intel graphics card on zbook 17 g2 ? I can not turn on. once appeared for 5 minutes and then disappeared.screen went out

Comment

Working...
                                  X