• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

How can I disable computrace? t490s with vertyanov

Comment

Originally posted by roadrun View Post
      Hello, can you explain how to find the MEC-Image in an bios update? And how I trim it correct. I can read the CHIP ID, but after verifying the checksum is 0 and RT809H says it is encrypted.
      I have downloaded an bios update for LINUX, which contain 2 cab files. One is an bin for EC with 760kb , which is to much for an MEC1633.
      open 760kb file with UEFITool, extract as is file GUID: EFDC6654-780A-4EAF-8D45-23EE514310A6 and you will obtain a 262.200 bytes file. Your file should be 262.144 bytes so you have to trim 1st 56 bytes. It seems I used an old bios update version and I had to trim only 32 bytes.
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
        @RethoricalCheese
        This is probably the tool that you need to write data back, you will need a USB flash drive.
        I was able to add unit type and machine serial number, bo no way to add board serial number. Could you please help how to do it in T490?

Thank you

Edit: i forgot to type whole number from the sticker (8SS...) instead of shorten number from BIOS
        Case solved.

Thanks for great topic about MEC1663
        Last edited by rbvndonh; 04-15-2023, 11:06 AM.

Comment

how to read mec1663 with vetyanov ihave nm-c881 motherbord thanks

Comment

Originally posted by didouche1200 View Post
            how to read mec1663 with vetyanov ihave nm-c881 motherbord thanks
            if you have original jig you can read/write but if you have dumb ass SAS then you can't
            Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

I NEED HELP I HAVE 2 T490S AFTER Write FILE LAPTOP DEAD HELP ME PLEAS
              Attached Files

Comment

I tried svod3 it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by ranajee7750 View Post
                  I NEED HELP I HAVE 2 T490S AFTER Write FILE LAPTOP DEAD HELP ME PLEAS
                  Why 4 cables, not 5 cables?
                  You move resistor after write?

Comment

Originally posted by dimah77 View Post
                    Using RT809F, choosing MEC1633-256K , unlock done.
                    Don't choose MEC1633#ISP , it provide 192K file and password is not removed after write back.
                    Hello friend, can you send me the schematic you used to connect the rt809f programmer to the jtag connector please.

Comment

Hello Guys I am trying to read the MEC 1663 on this laptop Lenovo X1 Gen8 NM-C661 Rev 1.0 with RT809H but it's giving me error Mec Chip ID:0xFFFFFFFF, ID verification error. I have moved the 10k reset resistor in pic 1 and I have also tried to put the 4 pull up resistors pic 2 and it's still giving same error, I also tried to connect reset pin to RT809H but no change, is there anything I am missing. I have done different models before with no problems. I have tried to select different part number on RT809H but same result
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LenBios View Post
                        @syladrian
                        select MEC1653 from RT809H List, connect the charger and read the chip it should be 290kb.
                        Erase the chip and write the File back
                        (done 2days ago)
                        Hey mate, thanks for the tip with the charger, that was what made it possible for me to read, erase and write.
                        However my device is dead now, is that resistor really necessary or can i also bridge that? i lost it already as its so small

Comment

My power button is lit, and the fan goes on for a few seconds, but the display stays black

Sorry, but I can't find the EDIT button in this forum

Comment

help please
                            lenovo t590
                            nm-b901
                            When connecting jtag and working read id this message appears
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by elmasryomda; 05-27-2023, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elmasryomda View Post
                              help please
                              lenovo t590
                              nm-b901
                              When connecting jtag and working read id this message appears
                              You also put on charger of notebook and then press Read ID?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayhan 17# View Post
                                You also put on charger of notebook and then press Read ID?
                                When programming ENE, for example, we press read id, then in another step, the programmer asks to connect the laptop charger and follow the programming process
                                Are the steps for programming a mec different from that?
                                Is it possible that a problem occurs when connecting the laptop charger before pressing read id?
                                Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by elmasryomda View Post
                                  When programming ENE, for example, we press read id, then in another step, the programmer asks to connect the laptop charger and follow the programming process
                                  Are the steps for programming a mec different from that?
                                  Is it possible that a problem occurs when connecting the laptop charger before pressing read id?
                                  Thank you all
                                  Hello!
                                  Anyone can help me?

Comment

may i see your jumper wires into the motherboard?

Comment

I got my T14 Gen1 revived and could set the serial number and stuff, but I am still receiving the following error.

Error: 2204 Product name is invalid

I don't know where I can set it, any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayhan 17# View Post
                                        I got my T14 Gen1 revived and could set the serial number and stuff, but I am still receiving the following error.

Error: 2204 Product name is invalid

I don't know where I can set it, any idea?
                                        Hello, do it with this tool and watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKL9JUTgo-g&t=519s
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
                                          Hello, do it with this tool and watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKL9JUTgo-g&t=519s
                                          Thank you for the tool mate, indeed this one is different to the one I had, and it also has that Point 1 PLANAR Service in the Menu.

At least, the stuff in the video was obsolete for me as I had that already and redid it as in the Video, no it did not work.

But what has worked was that I selected the Planar Service, selected the brand name from the INI file, retyped the Serial number and gave 0407 for German keyboard and now its fine

Keyboard Language IDs
                                          https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3...SLangCodes.htm

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                          X