HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

The whole DMI area could be copied from one bios to another,but as you`ve posted 2 corrupt dumps there`s not enough to copy to another,and if you do post a good bios dump that now has all the DMI info theres no need to,it just needs the ME firmware cleaning and flashing back. Those clips are crap.When you get the clip on hold it down with one hand so it doesn`t come off and move around,make 2 backups and compare them with a hex editor to make sure theyre the same, post your backup again.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2020, 02:01 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Here I have two dumps that are identical according to HexEditor. I have now soldered cables directly to the Eprom. Unfortunately I do not have an original backup. I had a biosfile from the Internet with which the laptop went back on at least. I will now flash the lapfix file again and fill it with the data
      Attached Files

Comment

Flash this one, no need to fill the DMI again,your backup was good this time.Soldering the wires on was a good idea.I know you didn`t have the original backup.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2020, 03:59 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I flashed your bios and saw that you have already entered all the data. But now I have this message again, is that correct?
          Attached Files

Comment

I didn`t enter any data,all i did was clean the ME firmware in your 65_1 backup.

Comment

OK. And what do I do with the error message. Should I let the counter count down and see if it works then?

Comment

Run nbdmifit and run brand.bat for AMT ,MPM will lock itself when it gets to 0 ,or you can lock it booting from UEFI.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2020, 04:53 AM.

Comment

The dump from SMDflea have a different version /control number from mine ..try to fill it with data and post it..maybe it solve your new issue

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                    The dump from SMDflea have a different version /control number from mine ..try to fill it with data and post it..maybe it solve your new issue
                    What do you mean different version /control number ,the ME firmware ? ,its not a problem ,theres a reason why i used a slightly newer version.As you can see MPM is unlocked now ! ,all he has to do is commit AMT and its done.

Comment

Wish that..tahnk you SMDflea for your precious informations

Comment

Is there a guide on how to do exactly with the nbdmifit. I found a guide but it didn't really work with this. It is now in "Not Committed Mode" again.

Comment

The tools : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204

See this guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ovRbvZW64

Comment

I did it as shown in the Youtube video but I get the error message (see attachment).

I could also start Windows from a stick and start it with wndmifit. The data from me are already available.

What am I doing wrong?
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's done.

As written, I played a stick with NbDmiFit-2.13 from the forum here and booted from the stick via UEFI.

The only thing I had to do in advance was an update of the TPM.

After the update, I was finally able to take the appropriate steps.

I want to thank everyone for the help. Thanks alot

Comment

Nice to hear this.

Comment

Working...
                                X