Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp pavilion x360 bios bin need

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    If the chip is a WSON type, flat to the board with only a few solder blobs sticking out then the clip will NOT work,there is nothing for there to clamp to and will very likely damage the chip.The clips are meant for SOP8 chips

One way to program a WSON8 chip without desoldering is to use a WSON pogo adpter, and they are not very reliable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830846980.html Please note that if you decide to buy one of these you must get one thats the correct size for the chip. The two most common sizes are 8x6mm and 6x5mm ,measure the size of the chip with a ruler or vernier calipers.

Another way is to solder wires to the protruding solder blobs of each pin,or if there are some extra copper pads opposite each pin (meant for sop8 chips as an alternative to wson) you can solder wires to those,then to the programmer adapter.

If you can desolder the chip using a hot air station then you can use an adapter board https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32803516506.html
    Thank you.

There is a picture of the chip. Can you tell the model? WSON? Is this good wson adapter?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/13414832288...mis&media=COPY

Im so newbie, that I cannot desolder the chip.

My chip is this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/17539198799...mis&media=COPY
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kiekko; 09-14-2022, 12:43 AM.

Comment

The chip is 6x5mm. I think.

Comment

Hello. Finally i got it. Read success with NeoProgrammer. Can someone help please?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kiekko View Post
          Hello. Finally i got it. Read success with NeoProgrammer. Can someone help please?
          Not yet. One is that you have chosen the wrong chip, the other is that the programmer has read it unsuccessfully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
            Not yet. One is that you have chosen the wrong chip, the other is that the programmer has read it unsuccessfully.
            Ok.. Here is pictures. Are you sure? I have chosen W25Q64FV

My chip is:

Winbond 25Q64FV10
            1R000

It says read success. ??
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kiekko; 10-23-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Ok.. Here is pictures. Are you sure? I have chosen W25Q64FV

My chip is:

Winbond 25Q64FV10

It says read success. ??
              Its corrupt.Try reading it again,but this time try the CH341A with a USB powered hub,or plug the charger in before reading the chip
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Its corrupt.Try reading it again,but this time try the CH341A with a USB powered hub,or plug the charger in before reading the chip
                Is my chip however Winbond 25Q64FVIQ? I cannot find that from programmers.

Or is that W25Q64FV correct?

Do you mean, that i have to but the laptop charger in, before reading the chip?

Comment

Here is new bin read from AsProgrammer. Working?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is new bin read from AsProgrammer. Working?
                    Its different to the other,but it still has a repeating pattern of crap. Something isn`t right.Check all the connections and make sure youve got all pins lined up correctly.did you oslder wires or use a pogo pin adapter.Did you modify the CH341A for 3V voltage
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-23-2022, 01:12 PM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Its different to the other,but it still has a repeating pattern of crap. Something isn`t right.Check all the connections and make sure youve got all pins lined up correctly.did you oslder wires or use a pogo pin adapter.Did you modify the CH341A for 3V voltage
                      I did not solder wires. I use this adapter. I did not modify voltage.

Is adapter ok? What about voltage?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am trying. What about these bins?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to figure out how to do this. Are my tools correct to read bios? I dont understand voltage at all. Do I have to do changes to CH341A tool? Or can I read bios not change to CH341A? How can I know the bios is read succesfully? I saw the picture above. Do I have to push the pogo pin adapter or not? I did push it. Are the last ones bins ok or not? Can someone take my hand and lead me to correct solution? Please.

Comment

None of the files are fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

None of the files are fine.
                              I really want to know what I am doing wrong. Can you know? I have taken pictures of my tools. How can I solve the reading problem?

Comment

Maybe it's the probe, try changing the driver program for CH341A eg ASprogrammer.

Comment

Maybe it's the probe, try changing the driver program for CH341A eg ASprogrammer.
                                  Do you mean, that new drivers to ASprogrammer? I use Neoprogrammer and ASprogrammer.

Do I have to remove all the drivers and reinstall other drivers where?

Comment

I find it very likely that you have to remove the chip from the motherboard and read it directly on your programmer.

Comment

I find it very likely that you have to remove the chip from the motherboard and read it directly on your programmer.
                                      That is not possible. I can not remove the chip from the motherboard. So let's try to solve the problem other way. Thank you. I am so newbie, so i am listening you what I have to do.

Comment

That is not possible. I can not remove the chip from the motherboard. So let's try to solve the problem other way. Thank you. I am so newbie, so i am listening you what I have to do.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2

1.1.1.6. CH341A

Read the guide there: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

If you have a black PCB, it is very likely that it needs to be modified for 3V operation instead of 5V. Failing to do so could damage the ROM IC.
                                        Watch the instructions there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln3VIZKKaE
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA

Some other suggestions.

Try using a powered USB hub.
                                        Choose the bios chip manually from the list,don`t use auto-detect.
                                        If you have a PC install the CH341A on it and use the PC`s rear USB ports.
                                        Try in USB 3 ports.
                                        If you have a soldering iron do the 3V mod,and resolder all the pins on the CH341A ,the build quality on some is terrible.
                                        Buy a better programmer,such as a TL866II
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:42 AM. Reason: edited winraid link

Comment

Helo masters,
                                          please, need bios bin HP Pavilion x360
                                          11-k145tu
                                          14975-1
                                          448.04A26.0011
                                          blackscreen problems
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X