Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
      Looking for bios file for hp x360

14-ba183nd
      Bucks U42 - 17817-1 - 448.OBZ09.0011

thanks in advance
      read this..
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
      post the original bios here
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: hp pavilion x360 bios bin need

Originally posted by peste View Post
        read this..
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
        post the original bios here
        hi peste, i cant deliver a backup because the laptop is @ a friend and he allready overwritten the bios rom with a random, not the same mainboard type backup

thats why im looking for the right backup

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
          hi peste, i cant deliver a backup because the laptop is @ a friend and he allready overwritten the bios rom with a random, not the same mainboard type backup

thats why im looking for the right backup
          Bios update from the Software and drivers support page https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139...0/sp139924.exe

Run the exe ,it will give 3 options,choose "Save to location" .Try both of the extracted bios.Use HP Bios config utility to add the missing DMI.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Bios update from the Software and drivers support page https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139...0/sp139924.exe

Run the exe ,it will give 3 options,choose "Save to location" .Try both of the extracted bios.Use HP Bios config utility to add the missing DMI.
            thanks. will try, normally when using that method, u get small bios files like 5 MB instead of 8 MB in this case,

will add the DMI in both files and sent them to the friend to test

Comment

hp pavillion x360 convertible
              14-dh0004tu bios bin file
              FAROE 18807-1 448.0GG08.0011

Comment

Originally posted by Kiekko View Post
                Ok. I will try. Is this correct one to order?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32450542258...mis&media=COPY
                I did it!

Here is the bin. What next? Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

I did it!

Here is the bin. What next? Thanks.
                  Your backup file is not good, it is empty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    Your backup file is not good, it is empty.
                    What did I do wrong? I read the bios with programmer ja save to file.

Comment

My Windbond is 25064FV10. I cannot find it from the list. Using CH341A.exe programmer.
                      App says connected.

Comment

My Windbond is 25064FV10. I cannot find it from the list. Using CH341A.exe programmer.
                        App says connected.
                        The chip code could be 25Q64FVSIQ. This usually happens on CH341A. Please select the chip manually, do not use the auto-detect function.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

The chip code could be 25Q64FVSIQ. This usually happens on CH341A. Please select the chip manually, do not use the auto-detect function.
                          I did find this. Here is two pictures.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I did find this. Here is two pictures.
                            In your 2nd picture it says the chip is 24C01 ????? .You are going to make a real mess unless you can find the correct chip to backup,and choose the correct chip in the software. If you`re using a clip stop! desolder the chip instead and put it in or on an adapter board.
                            The CH341A isn`t very reliable.The original supplied software is shit, use ASProgrammer,Colibri or NeoProgrammer software alternatives, you`ll find them all posted in the forum.If you can afford a better programmer go for the TL866II
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              In your 2nd picture it says the chip is 24C01 ????? .You are going to make a real mess unless you can find the correct chip to backup,and choose the correct chip in the software. If you`re using a clip stop! desolder the chip instead and put it in or on an adapter board.
                              The CH341A isn`t very reliable.The original supplied software is shit, use ASProgrammer,Colibri or NeoProgrammer software alternatives, you`ll find them all posted in the forum.If you can afford a better programmer go for the TL866II
                              Can you tell me about these pictures? I have tried Asprogrammer, Colibri and NeoProgrammer.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kiekko; 09-12-2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Can you tell me about these pictures? I have tried Asprogrammer, Colibri and NeoProgrammer.
                                Ch341A, black board type, has a default voltage of 5 volts. Be careful or your bios chip will be damaged.

Comment

Ch341A, black board type, has a default voltage of 5 volts. Be careful or your bios chip will be damaged.
                                  With Asprogrammer I found the W25Q64FV. Tried to only read from the chip. That was the last picture. Its empty?? Why? What Im doing wrong?

Comment

Read from the chip. Is that also empty?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

So in this case you can't use a clamp but have to remove the chip from the motherboard or you can try your luck through the Flashrom tool on Linux.

Comment

So in this case you can't use a clamp but have to remove the chip from the motherboard or you can try your luck through the Flashrom tool on Linux.
                                        Why cannot I use a clamp? I dont know how to remove the chip from the motherboard. Did you mean that I can use clamp with Flashrom and works only Linux?

How difficult is to read HP bios chip? I just want to fix my bios... Can someone please help me?

Comment

Why cannot I use a clamp? I dont know how to remove the chip from the motherboard. Did you mean that I can use clamp with Flashrom and works only Linux?

How difficult is to read HP bios chip? I just want to fix my bios... Can someone please help me?
                                          If the chip is a WSON type, flat to the board with only a few solder blobs sticking out then the clip will NOT work,there is nothing for there to clamp to and will very likely damage the chip.The clips are meant for SOP8 chips

One way to program a WSON8 chip without desoldering is to use a WSON pogo adpter, and they are not very reliable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830846980.html Please note that if you decide to buy one of these you must get one thats the correct size for the chip. The two most common sizes are 8x6mm and 6x5mm ,measure the size of the chip with a ruler or vernier calipers.

Another way is to solder wires to the protruding solder blobs of each pin,or if there are some extra copper pads opposite each pin (meant for sop8 chips as an alternative to wson) you can solder wires to those,then to the programmer adapter.

If you can desolder the chip using a hot air station then you can use an adapter board https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32803516506.html
                                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-13-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X