Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A1466 bios passWORD help

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
    I've removed the password from the bin file.
    Let us know if this works.
    Also same file , I think my programmer corrupted this dump first time I read it, the Mac only turns fan now , no display, even with the first file , is there any way to fix the dump? No display but fan is running

Comment

Originally posted by fragga View Post
      Also same file , I think my programmer corrupted this dump first time I read it, the Mac only turns fan now , no display, even with the first file , is there any way to fix the dump? No display but fan is running
      Did you erase flash, write and then verify the new ROM file?
      You may also need to do a option-cmd-p-r three boots to clear any previous settings.

Comment

Re: Mac air a1466-820-00165-a-lock

Hi guys need help removing password from this
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by odexh View Post
          Hi guys need help removing password from this
          unlocked
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks but it does not turn on

Comment

Can anyone please help me remove this password??
              Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone please help me remove this password??
                try..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks peste it works but keeps asking me for a pin code when i try internet recovery

Comment

Thanks peste it works but keeps asking me for a pin code when i try internet recovery
                    BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526 3. Password removal by laptop brand -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...42&postcount=4
                    3.2. Apple -> 3.2.2. 2012 to 2017

For 2012 to 2017 machines, BIOS must be edited and reflashed to clear the password. There are 2 methods for this:

Clear out the whole SVS store. There are other stuff in this store, no idea what they are for so better avoid doing this.
                    Invalidate the CBF2CC32 NVRAM variable in that SVS store which contains the encrypted password. You just have to change one bit in its name, so like replace the C with an A or whatever. Note that strings are UCS-2 encoded, so in the hex editor it'll show up as 0x43 0x00 0x42 0x00 0x46 0x00 etc.

If there is an iCloud pin, you need to perform 3x PRAM reset after removing password. If FindMyMac is still enabled, you have to reinstall macOS while being disconnected from the Internet, then reconnect after logging in and bind to a new Apple account.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Did you erase flash, write and then verify the new ROM file?
                      You may also need to do a option-cmd-p-r three boots to clear any previous settings.
                      Yes, I did erase the flash, and reset with ALT, CMD, P, R, still only fan runs, no lights, but I downloaded another bios for the same motherboard it switches on but I cannot install the OS,, it is very very slow, what can I do now please help me I am in trouble the owner wants his MAC!!

Comment

the file is just the same with the one I send in first post please check
                        the bios from post #97 is not the same as the bios from post #98...write the bios from post #98 correctly...
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Yes, I did erase the flash, and reset with ALT, CMD, P, R, still only fan runs, no lights, but I downloaded another bios for the same motherboard it switches on but I cannot install the OS,, it is very very slow, what can I do now please help me I am in trouble the owner wants his MAC!!
                          if it doesn't work, post the name, model, EMC, S/N, motherboard model...

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                            if it doesn't work, post the name, model, EMC, S/N, motherboard model...
                            Macbook Air
                            Model : A1466
                            EMC : 2925
                            SERIAL : C02PW1MTG940
                            MOTHERBOARD : 820-00165-A
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by fragga; 04-24-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Macbook Air
                              Model : A1466
                              EMC : 2925
                              SERIAL : C02PW1MTG940
                              MOTHERBOARD : 820-00165-A
                              try..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                try..
                                Thanks, now it powers on, and a FLASHING GREY FOLDER with a Question Mark, I have tried to reach recovery options but it doesn't detec the SSD, I trued 2 SSDs and same thing, is there any way to make it detec SSD? sorry it is my First Macbook to do BIOS

Comment

Thanks, now it powers on, and a FLASHING GREY FOLDER with a Question Mark, I have tried to reach recovery options but it doesn't detec the SSD, I trued 2 SSDs and same thing, is there any way to make it detec SSD? sorry it is my First Macbook to do BIOS
                                  It may be that the SSD is formatted as APFS but the BIOS in your Mac is old and it won't recognise this formatting. Try booting from a Mac installation and then see if the SSD appears. Format as EXTFS+ and reinstall.

Comment

It may be that the SSD is formatted as APFS but the BIOS in your Mac is old and it won't recognise this formatting. Try booting from a Mac installation and then see if the SSD appears. Format as EXTFS+ and reinstall.
                                    Does not show INTERNAL Recovery Utility After Pressing CMD + R, it only goes to INTERNET RECOVERY, I tried to connect Wifi, and do recovery nothing it just goes back to the same spot

Comment

It's worth getting a USB stick and putting a MACOS installer on it (say Monterey).
                                      I have many USB sticks for each version of MACOS.
                                      This should boot and allow you to reinstall.
                                      I never use internet recovery.
                                      Good luck!

Comment

It's worth getting a USB stick and putting a MACOS installer on it (say Monterey).
                                        I have many USB sticks for each version of MACOS.
                                        This should boot and allow you to reinstall.
                                        I never use internet recovery.
                                        Good luck!
                                        I have downloaded an INSTALLASISTANT.PKG and I took another Macbook, I installed it and it opens a bucnch of files, I created a bootable disk using my External SSD, I go to my Macbook air, connected EXTERNAL SSD, pressed CMD+R,, and nothing comes up except INTERNET RECOVERY!!! Am I missing something? Please bear with me

Comment

You should hold the option key as it boots and select the external SSD installer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X