Re: HP DV6-7005SP 48.4ST10.021 Goya Balen Bios Dump Needed

I did well?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by poweron View Post
      I did well?
      No.

Read SMDFlea's post carefully one more time.
      And after that read this tutorial too, will be useful for you. Same principle.
      Last edited by Vesko356; 08-20-2021, 02:15 PM.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

yes thank you, I have no experience in this regard, it will be hard to succeed

Comment

yes thank you, I have no experience in this regard, it will be hard to succeed
          The first picture posted with BID01818 is just showing your bios ID. Use the offsets in the second picture. In HxD close that "Editor Speciali" screen by clicking on the x ,it will only confuse you ,and closing it will give more screen space
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-20-2021, 04:09 PM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

let's see if I understand, I have to select the block in the old and in the new bios according to the offsets you posted then I have to copy the blue area of the old in the new then I am stuck, is that right?

Comment

let's see if I understand, I have to select the block in the old and in the new bios according to the offsets you posted then I have to copy the blue area of the old in the new then I am stuck, is that right?
              yes, copy from old,paste-insert into new using the same offsets
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

yes ok, once I have copied the old into the new one, can I save it and can I write it on the chip?

Comment

yes ok, once I have copied the old into the new one, can I save it and can I write it on the chip?
                  yes.

Comment

Yes of course, that's exactly the whole idea and the way it should be done.

Comment

ok, all this thanks to your precious help, but it remains for me to understand the reasoning to do to know on the basis of which criterion I choose one type of offset rather than others, would this operation be a reconstruction of the bios?

Comment

let's see if I passed the exam .... this should be the correct bios
                        give me confirmation so I write it on the chip
                        Thank you
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok, all this thanks to your precious help, but it remains for me to understand the reasoning to do to know on the basis of which criterion I choose one type of offset rather than others, would this operation be a reconstruction of the bios?
                          Different brands and models bios files are not the same, and of course the DMI information is located in different places, as well as the criteria for finding its location in the file.
                          And yes, it can be defined as a reconstruction of the bios, or more precisely adding the necessary specific information in it.

@SMDFlea I didn't notice your post, we answered almost simultaneously.

Comment

let's see if I passed the exam .... this should be the correct bios
                            give me confirmation so I write it on the chip
                            Thank you
                            Great. Job well done!
                            Attached Files

Comment

thanks to you !!! .... without your contributions and tutorials it was unknown to me

Comment

thanks to you !!! .... without your contributions and tutorials it was unknown to me
                                You're welcome. The excellently written tutorials are work of SMDFlea, so the credit goes entirely to him. I only helped further.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                  You're welcome. The excellently written tutorials are work of SMDFlea, so the credit goes entirely to him. I only helped further.
                                  Thanks for the kind words .

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                      Thanks for the kind words .
                                      My pleasure, good work should always be appreciated.
                                      Many see a job well done but few come forward with a word of appreciation.
                                      Cheers.

Comment

yes, I saw that it is the work of SMDFlea in fact I thank him for his competence and availability, I also thank you and the others who have helped, I take this opportunity to inform you that the notebook works perfectly thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                          My pleasure, good work should always be appreciated.
                                          Many see a job well done but few come forward with a word of appreciation.
                                          Cheers.
                                          when someone dedicates time, which he could devote to other things, to help others solve a problem, free of charge, I would say it is right to at least thank him

Comment

Working...
                                          X