dead HP 250 G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead HP 250 G6

Hi, I don't even know if the problem is bios related.
    It's a HP 250 G6 serial CND8117C44, it died during an update. The caps key is blinking 5 times slow and 3 times fast. Maybe it is a bios problem? I read a backup of the bios with my CH341 interface. I download and extracted bios exe file from HP support and I found 5x .BIN files (and 5x .SIG files) named 084D4 0832D 0832E 08328 and 08445. Which file is correct? I tried to flash every file but the there is no fix. I understand that maybe I need to program the serial number. Any advice?
    Thanks in advance! Sorry if this maybe isn't the correct forum section. I'm a noob.

Re: dead HP 250 G6

Post your corrupt bios backup, the original one.

These threads by Vesko might help in future to ID the correct bios and extract it.

[Guide] How to find the right HP bios version to flash
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122195

[Guide] How to extract ready for programming dump from HP update executable file
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121948

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

this is the currupted file I read
      thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Post your corrupt bios backup, the original one.

These threads by Vesko might help in future to ID the correct bios and extract it.

[Guide] How to find the right HP bios version to flash
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122195

[Guide] How to extract ready for programming dump from HP update executable file
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121948

thank you very much, problem solved!

Comment

Hello, the BIOS of an HP 250 G6 Motherboard: DKL50/CSL52 LA-E821P was corrupted following an update. When performing a clear CMOS, the message 'CMOS checksum invalid...' is displayed at startup, and then, when the computer restarts after pressing "F1", a black screen appears with a consumption of about 0.220 A.

I followed the procedures: I backed up the computer's BIOS, then downloaded the update file for the latest BIOS available on the HP website and extracted the BIOS files. There are 5 different ones: 084D4.bin; 0832D.bin; 0832E.bin; 08328.bin; 08445.bin.

Next, I tried to determine which one matched, but unfortunately, when I search with the hexadecimal editor to find it in my saved BIOS file, I cannot find $BID or BID.

So far, I have tested 3 of the BIOS files contained in the manufacturer's archive, but the machine does not start. I no longer get the 'CMOS Checksum invalid...' message but a black screen with a consumption of about 0.220 A, which could indicate that the computer has started but displays nothing.

What do you think? Attached is the backup of the computer's BIOS

HP 250 G6
          Motherboard: DKL50/CSL52 LA-E821P Rev 1.0
          SN# CND7504J9M
          ProdID 2SX62EA#UUW
          Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
            Vesko356 commented
            Editing a comment
            23.3 KB is not a good read obviously...

Originally posted by Christian0734 View Post
          Hello, the BIOS of an HP 250 G6 Motherboard: DKL50/CSL52 LA-E821P was corrupted following an update. When performing a clear CMOS, the message 'CMOS checksum invalid...' is displayed at startup, and then, when the computer restarts after pressing "F1", a black screen appears with a consumption of about 0.220 A.

I followed the procedures: I backed up the computer's BIOS, then downloaded the update file for the latest BIOS available on the HP website and extracted the BIOS files. There are 5 different ones: 084D4.bin; 0832D.bin; 0832E.bin; 08328.bin; 08445.bin.

Next, I tried to determine which one matched, but unfortunately, when I search with the hexadecimal editor to find it in my saved BIOS file, I cannot find $BID or BID.

So far, I have tested 3 of the BIOS files contained in the manufacturer's archive, but the machine does not start. I no longer get the 'CMOS Checksum invalid...' message but a black screen with a consumption of about 0.220 A, which could indicate that the computer has started but displays nothing.

What do you think? Attached is the backup of the computer's BIOS

HP 250 G6
          Motherboard: DKL50/CSL52 LA-E821P Rev 1.0
          SN# CND7504J9M
          ProdID 2SX62EA#UUW
          Unfortunately, regarding the BIOS, I couldn't get more than that and now it's too late because I've already erased the chip to write on it

Comment

Hi,
            I've a HP 250 G6 with:
            1wy08eea#abz
            Intel i3-6006
            Integrated GPU
            M.B. csl50/csl52 la-e791p
            rev 2.0

I tried to update the bios but after that the PC doesn't start anymore.
            No blink from caps lock.
            I tried to use Hp tool but nothing happens.

I backed up the bios from he tool before updating and now I have 5 different .bin files, all 8.192KB in size.

I have someone that can flash the chip for me but I don't know which file to give him to write, can someone give me some pointers please?
            Thankyou in adavance.

Comment

Originally posted by mascalzonegran View Post
              Hi,
              I backed up the bios from he tool before updating and now I have 5 different .bin files, all 8.192KB in size.
              Please post the laptop serial number -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

With which tool and software version did you use to make the backups.Did you use a programmer clip ?.Post the backups in seperate zip/rar attachments

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

SN# CND733759V
                I used the tool from HP (downloaded from HP https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers...ber=cnd733759v) e this create 5 files when notebook was still working.
                After the update I downloaded the same file from HP and this create 5 files that seems the same.
                I upload the original ones.
                Attached Files

Comment

SN# CND733759V
                  I used the tool from HP (downloaded from HP https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers...ber=cnd733759v) e this create 5 files when notebook was still working.
                  After the update I downloaded the same file from HP and this create 5 files that seems the same.
                  I upload the original ones.
                  This is not the original bios. The original bios is a file on your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Any ideas of where it could be?
                    I can access the disk if you remember where is located.
                    Anyways, there isn't someone that can provide the original bios for this notebook?

Comment

Any ideas of where it could be?
                      I can access the disk if you remember where is located.
                      Anyways, there isn't someone that can provide the original bios for this notebook?
                      Do you have the original bios saved ? Otherwise you have to flash the file one at a time, there will be one compatible with your device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

At this point I think that I DON'T have a backup....
                        HP tools has created twice the same files.
                        I could try 5 times to write this bin and pray for a good response, but I feel good with an image of the backup.
                        I'm start to think that isn't normal that caps lock doesn't blink and the problem could be another one.

Comment

At this point I think that I DON'T have a backup....
                          HP tools has created twice the same files.
                          I could try 5 times to write this bin and pray for a good response, but I feel good with an image of the backup.
                          I'm start to think that isn't normal that caps lock doesn't blink and the problem could be another one.
                          Do you have an SPI programmer, how do you intend to program the chip.

Comment

A friend of mine has the programmer and says that can do this.
                            The real problem is that I think to have a backup but I don't, pretty sure a need a copy from another notebook with same features.
                            Searching on line someone says that I could try to upload the files attached below, once per time, because one of them could be the right one. Anyone know if it's correct?

Comment

A friend of mine has the programmer and says that can do this.
                              The real problem is that I think to have a backup but I don't, pretty sure a need a copy from another notebook with same features.
                              Searching on line someone says that I could try to upload the files attached below, once per time, because one of them could be the right one. Anyone know if it's correct?
                              Get your friend to make a backup of your bios chip with his programmer,then post that backup here inside a zip or rar attachment and wait until someone posts a bios for you.

Comment

Ok, as soon as possible I'll ask him.
                                Thank you fow now and waiting for other solutions.
                                Happy Easter

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                  I attach the bios from the bios before re-writing.
                                  Checked the microcode on the other bios stored before the update and rewrite on bios chip and now the notebook (seems to) work.

Thanks for the help!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                    As some members have already reported, an official Windows 10 update also destroyed the BIOS of my HP250G6.
                                    I have read out the defective BIOS and now ask the forum members to correct the defective BIOS - if possible.
                                    HP 250 G6
                                    SN# CND8106CMR
                                    ProdID 3VJ6OES#ABD
                                    A photo of the motherboard label is attached.
                                    Thanks in advance.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X