Originally posted by wreksta View Post
    Hi there can do you have the password for service number
    1D25J4J-2A7B

Admin password set and cant figure it out thanks
    try this, m1exB2j7Y95lbG0D
    good luck

Comment

Re: Dell latitude E6400 bios password reset

Hi there, could you help me with password for service number 4YDNN4J-2A7B ?
      Help is much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Styx007 View Post
        Hi there, could you help me with password for service number 4YDNN4J-2A7B ?
        Help is much appreciated!
        try this. SmeP7s8Xk5YqUv81
        good luck

here is a link to the generator that gives the passwords, http://bios-pw.org/

Comment

Thnx Trebo but unfortunately it didn't work. Anything else I could try?

greetz,
          Richard

Originally posted by trebo View Post
          try this. SmeP7s8Xk5YqUv81
          good luck

here is a link to the generator that gives the passwords, http://bios-pw.org/

Comment

Thnx Trebo but unfortunately it didn't work. Anything else I could try?

greetz,
            Richard
            hello Styx007
            firstly double check that you gave me correct service tag
            passwords need to be entered on a Qwerty keyboard (not 100% sure about that thou)
            enter password then hold down control and press enter, you may need to press enter twice
            passwords are case sensitive so enter as seen
            hope one of those work for you

Comment

Trebo, it worked! It's indeed correct that passwords need to be entered on a Qwerty keyboard. My laptop is equipped with a Azerty keyboard and I just converted the password to the right key combinations and it worked!
              Thanks so much!

Greetings from The Netherlands!
              Richard

Originally posted by trebo View Post
              hello Styx007
              firstly double check that you gave me correct service tag
              passwords need to be entered on a Qwerty keyboard (not 100% sure about that thou)
              enter password then hold down control and press enter, you may need to press enter twice
              passwords are case sensitive so enter as seen
              hope one of those work for you

Comment

Trebo, it worked! It's indeed correct that passwords need to be entered on a Qwerty keyboard. My laptop is equipped with a Azerty keyboard and I just converted the password to the right key combinations and it worked!
                Thanks so much!

Greetings from The Netherlands!
                Richard
                Styx007, great to hear it works fella, thanks for confirming that info, that will help many people
                and welcome to Badcaps
                Trebo

Comment

Can someone help me get the bios admin/master password for
                  Dell latitude E6400
                  Service tag FFKJPJ1

Comment

Hi, can someone help to unlock dell latitude E6510
                    service tag:G87JTM1-1F5A

Comment

hi!everyone...please help me out..i had an old dell latitude E6400 which having service tag---- 37H9NH1 please give me its password....

Comment

hey!! pals i really need help

Comment

mine service tag is ----37H9NH1

Comment

Greetings!

I would greatly appreciate any help I can obtain to reset the admin password for my Dell latitude E6400.
                            My service tag is: D56BZL1-2A7B

Thanks in advance,
                            kingjamrock.

Comment

I am in the same boat needing the admin bios password with 2 E6410 one is 2Q1MRM1-1F5A and 9JL34Q1-1F5A any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kapouchino View Post
                                I am in the same boat needing the admin bios password with 2 E6410 one is 2Q1MRM1-1F5A and 9JL34Q1-1F5A any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sorry I was in the wrong thread

Comment

trebo,

are there no options for my 1D3B-suffix E6430 machine (that don't involve soldering)?

It's HD locked (no bios, system or admin pass set) but even with the original drive removed it won't recognise the new one I bought.

I get the

'you are using a password from dell, inc .... all data will be lost if you press enter'

prompt for everything any generator spits out. I press ctrl+enter and it just reboots to the same HD password prompt.

Tried rewriting service tag to ******* via some dodgy, leaked dell employee utility but I've no way of checking if the rewrite worked.

Thanks advance for any reply as I've been struggling with this for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by etl88 View Post
                                    trebo,

are there no options for my 1D3B-suffix E6430 machine (that don't involve soldering)?

It's HD locked (no bios, system or admin pass set) but even with the original drive removed it won't recognise the new one I bought.

I get the

'you are using a password from dell, inc .... all data will be lost if you press enter'

prompt for everything any generator spits out. I press ctrl+enter and it just reboots to the same HD password prompt.

Tried rewriting service tag to ******* via some dodgy, leaked dell employee utility but I've no way of checking if the rewrite worked.

Thanks advance for any reply as I've been struggling with this for a while.
                                    Generator will not work for 1D3Bs so don't waste your time there
                                    you say its HDD that has the password, if so I have always changed the HDD with success, you have to install a new OS
                                    I have not had the message that you received ( 'you are using a password from dell, inc .... all data will be lost if you press enter' )
                                    as your new HDD will have no data on it, why not just press enter and install a new OS
                                    or am I missing something

Comment

thank you for that quick reply.

replacement HDD just doesn't show up - not in bios or windows setup.

but, if i connect it externally it does. same when i connect it externally to two other machines but, in the letter, only as 'usb storage', and i cant format it or anything.

I was reading that the dell hd password is also written to CMOS or nvram or something and that this must be cleared (by shorting two legs of a chip while booting) prior to installing a new drive or (and this is the sketchy part) the new drive will 'inherit' the password and be locked too!

of course I read this *after* putting the new drive in the crippled dell, so maybe the above is true and I've rendered it useless; or maybe I just bought a bad drive idk.

now its a toss up for me between returning the new drive for a replacement to find out; or, purchasing a password from dubious-dell-unlockers.ru for $35 lol which works out to *only* $4.38 per character!

really appreciate your help tho, thanks.

nice forum btw.

Comment

sorry. the 'lose your data of you press enter' msg occurs when I tried generated passwords on the old, locked drive. pressing enter/Ctrl enter/ x2 yields a reboot and HDD password prompt yet again.

that wasn't clear, apologies

Comment

Originally posted by etl88 View Post
                                          thank you for that quick reply.

replacement HDD just doesn't show up - not in bios or windows setup.

but, if i connect it externally it does. same when i connect it externally to two other machines but, in the letter, only as 'usb storage', and i cant format it or anything.

I was reading that the dell hd password is also written to CMOS or nvram or something and that this must be cleared (by shorting two legs of a chip while booting) prior to installing a new drive or (and this is the sketchy part) the new drive will 'inherit' the password and be locked too!

of course I read this *after* putting the new drive in the crippled dell, so maybe the above is true and I've rendered it useless; or maybe I just bought a bad drive idk.

now its a toss up for me between returning the new drive for a replacement to find out; or, purchasing a password from dubious-dell-unlockers.ru for $35 lol which works out to *only* $4.38 per character!

really appreciate your help tho, thanks.

nice forum btw.
                                          Any HDD that don't show up in bios is not working, that's my experience of them
                                          try and get hold of a known working HDD and see if that shows up
                                          I am quite sure you bought a duff HDD, if I am wrong then some other member will step in and let us know
                                          buying bios passwords is dodgy but HDD passwords is a bigger risk

Comment

Working...
                                          X