Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 840 G4/G5 bios unlock basics + CH341A

Hello
    I've got a chance to buy a hp 840 G4 and G5. Both have passwords set, one on bios, other one has boot password.
    After 2 days of searching for useful info with unlocking using only software I gave up, as I've seen on HP forums that they send to HP support, and then people get "you need to contact hp certified service".

RethoricalCheese's reply in other thread made me sure that getting smc.bin is a song of the past.

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    Using SMC.bin files was stopped in 2019. Get yourself a programmer and clip or find somebody who has them. No other way.
    I'm not into soldering anything as my old soldering iron will make more harm than solves things, thus I am wondering about a cheap programmer with a clip.
    "How to dump a flash" thread covers that matter, but anyway dumping bios with a CH341A through a clip like the one on attached img is possible after couple trials and errors, without harming the eprom?
    I've went through whole thread about programmers and to be honest I won't spend more on a programmer than on a used laptop :\

What else do I need? Could you point me to a "howto for dummies" explaining mentioned software in dumping flash thread. I suppose only that I should use RCunlocker on a dumped bios?

Using search gives way too many threads to click through and after reading the forums back and forth since yesterday I became dumber than I was before :\
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roar; 04-02-2023, 07:06 PM.
Working...
X