Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XDA BIOS request

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XDA (board number NB3586/NB3587_PCB_MB_V5 REV:1.0. TITAN_MB). No charging light, no power, no POST. It had a burnt capacitor on the 3,3V line. After removing it, checking all rails and CS resistors for shorts, I powered it up. Charging light works, the battery is being charged. Powerup works, there is fan spin, but there is a constant power cycle and no POST. Furthermore, I get six long blue error blinks, but I have not found any info on what that means.

All rails have the correct voltages. It might be a BIOS issue. I have attached the dump, could somebody fix it for me with the correct DMI info transferred?

I thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

sect-sin
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Galaxy Book NP750XDA BIOS request

Hi, I am cautiously bumping this thread. Can somebody help me?

Comment

Originally posted by sect-sin View Post
      Hi, I am cautiously bumping this thread. Can somebody help me?
      Try this bios,don`t know if it will work or not
      Attached Files
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea,

Thank you very much for picking this one up. I have to be honest (though i feel quite ashamed): I managed to physically LOOSE the BIOS chip. It was in the programmer, but the programmer fell on the floor as my kids decided to scramble around in my workshop without my presence. Now the chip is gone to another dimension. I must procure a replacement, and will give feedback after that.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Hi
          I've got identical motherboard too. If you could not find original BIOS chip, you can use Macronix MX77L12850F and - if it's a BIOS related issue - it should work properly.
          I'll try to read my chip and post working BIOS in this thread.

Comment

Hi,

This is unbelievably useful information, as I was having a very hard time finding the W25R128JVSO chip originally on my board. Though it seems the Macronix you mentioned is also out of stock everywhere. Nevertheless, I will bee looking out, thank you very very much!

Cheers,

sect-sin
            Last edited by sect-sin; 03-05-2023, 06:13 AM. Reason: Updated with sourcing info

Comment

Probably GigaDevice GD25R128E is compatible with this board too.
              Have you read your BIOS chip with TL866 II Plus programmer? Your programmer detected BIOS chip as W25Q128JV (or you have selected it manually). From what I see, the difference between W25Q128JV and W25R128JV is that "R" labeled chip supports Intel RPMC (Replay-Protected Monotonic Counter). So when we are searching for replacement BIOS chip (apart from size, package and operating voltages), first we have to check if BIOS IC supports RPMC. There is also possibility that chips without RPMC will work with this motherboard but I haven't checked that.
              If it will be difficult to find a new BIOS chip, it may be easier to find a scrap board with this chip on internet auctions.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I use TL866+. I usually check automatic chip identification presented by XGecu, an I do not think that I have misidentified it, though it is not impossible. I searched for the GigaDevice you mentioned, it is also not available anywhere.

The W25R128JVSIQ is in stock at Mouser. Do you think that it might be compatible? It also has RPMC, and the voltages are OK.

I would never have thought that it is this difficult to get certain BIOS chips. I am forced too look out for a donor board, as you recommended. Thank you nevertheless for trying to help me.

Cheers,

sect-sin
                Last edited by sect-sin; 03-05-2023, 06:57 PM.

Comment

W25R128JVSIQ will be OK.

Comment

Working BIOS file from laptop with bent motherboard in attachment.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool, thank you very much. I have ordered the chip and will revert once it arrives.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm trying to reprogram the MX77L12850F bios with the CH341 PRO programmer but the ic doesn't respond, can anyone tell me if the programmer I'm using is suitable for writing this chip or is the chip simply broken?
                        Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by ANTODG93 View Post
                          Hello everyone, I'm trying to reprogram the MX77L12850F bios with the CH341 PRO programmer but the ic doesn't respond, can anyone tell me if the programmer I'm using is suitable for writing this chip or is the chip simply broken?
                          Thank you all
                          use one of these programs..
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7

see also a video for example,,
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi, at the moment I don't have the prepaid card with me but as soon as possible I will be happy to make a donation, the ic MX77L12850F is not even in the list of the two programs you sent me, if I press verify ic the program tells me that it is present, so I tried to write by setting ic MX25L12873F do you think it is the same?

Comment

Hi, at the moment I don't have the prepaid card with me but as soon as possible I will be happy to make a donation, the ic MX77L12850F is not even in the list of the two programs you sent me, if I press verify ic the program tells me that it is present, so I tried to write by setting ic MX25L12873F do you think it is the same?
                              you can set any equivalent chip...
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hello everyone, I tried to program MX77L12850F and the programming is successful, but unfortunately the pc shows no signs of life, do you have any other advice you can give me?

Comment

Hello everyone, I tried to program MX77L12850F and the programming is successful, but unfortunately the pc shows no signs of life, do you have any other advice you can give me?
                                  there are many variables here....did you write the right bios? did you write the correct bios? are you sure the bios is corrupted? what voltages do you have on the coils??

Comment

I did programming with files from this community which are mentioned above are they correct for MX77L12850F ?
                                    I also checked the voltages on the bios pins and there is a voltage of 3.3v which is not stable but it fluctuates 3.3v/0v

Comment

I did programming with files from this community which are mentioned above are they correct for MX77L12850F ?
                                      I also checked the voltages on the bios pins and there is a voltage of 3.3v which is not stable but it fluctuates 3.3v/0v
                                      I don't think the problem is the bios... solve the problem of the unstable voltage of 3.3v

Comment

Good day ! please share eeprom dump ft24c256 for TPS65994 . There is 20 volts, but the keys do not open

Comment

Working...
                                        X