Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer a515 la-e892p

ACER A515 LA-E892P

I have the above laptop that is working but not charging the battery, i've tried another battery and its the same.

When you put the charger in it does not charge but what i've noticed it this:

If i remove and reinstall the battery then put ~10v via a power supply on the charging connector it will charge the battery but the current goes up over 3 amps, if i increase the voltage the current keeps rising. BTW the mains charger current it stated at ~2.67a i think it said on it.

I think with the charger its tripping the charging circuit because of the high current, does this make sense?

I've looked at the schematic, could this be a problem with the mosfet to/from the battery?

Many thanks

Re: Acer a515 la-e892p

Hi.

Can you run the laptop with the battery only ? (no adapter)

With the battery & adapter connected - measure & post the voltages on the battery connector. See attached.

Next, post the voltages of the charger IC (with the battery & adapter connected). Be careful in taking these measurements so to not short any of the pins.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Acer a515 la-e892p

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Hi.

Can you run the laptop with the battery only ? (no adapter)

With the battery & adapter connected - measure & post the voltages on the battery connector. See attached.

Next, post the voltages of the charger IC (with the battery & adapter connected). Be careful in taking these measurements so to not short any of the pins.
      Thanks, its fixed now, the first mosfet was short.

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X