dell 7480 very slow after vomiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell 7480 very slow after vomiting

Hello, my child vomited on my laptop dell 7480. I turned it off immediately and after about 10 minutes I opened it and I found it quite full of liquid...

I disconnected the battery and washed the motherboard with an electo-cleaner. Then the laptop started but is extremely slow. It takes about 2-3 minutes after pressing the Windows button to open something.
    I tried another NVME and a new installation without change.

Self-diagnosis detects degraded battery and RAM problems.

Tried with the disconnect battery and a new memory chip, but to no positive result. Laptop is dead slow.

Can you please give me some ideas and help.
    Thanks in advance!

Re: dell 7480 very slow after vomiting

Do you use genuine dell charger of corect amperage

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Do you use genuine dell charger of corect amperage
      Yes its genuine dell charger and just now I tried with other one, same negative result.

Comment

Does the charger be recognised in bios

Comment

go to bios and check charger status

Comment

Sorry for the late response. Until end of the week I'm away from home, on a course, but I will be back in the weekend and report the status of the charger, as you suggested me. Thanks for the help in advance !

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
              go to bios and check charger status
              Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
              Does the charger be recognised in bios

Thnaks Stevedb and ktmmotocross, sorry for the late reply, I was having too much other problems...

I can confirm that charger is recognized from the bios. I also checked the bios configuration with similar Dell laptop and they are similar.

Do you have any other ideas ?

Comment

How much watt is the charger?

Try it also in live enviroment to see the laptop also throttlle
                Last edited by Stevedb; 04-27-2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Download and run Throttlestop. Uncheck BD PROCHOT and see if speed is normal. If PROCHOT is asserted, you'll need to check why. Can be thermal sensor issue or no fan tach detected. If it's Intel CPU, you can run the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to see what is asserting the slowdown.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                    Download and run Throttlestop. Uncheck BD PROCHOT and see if speed is normal. If PROCHOT is asserted, you'll need to check why. Can be thermal sensor issue or no fan tach detected. If it's Intel CPU, you can run the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to see what is asserting the slowdown.
                    Hi reformatt, thanks a lot for the info. I tried Throttlestop, unchecked BD PROCHOT and save, but that doesn't changed the slowness. Do I need to reboot after that? (I dont Also I did again bios diagnostic and the fan is working, but error message Error code: 2000-0133, Validation code: 72687 Battery - The battery cannot provide sufficient power. Continue testing?
                    Since the laptop is connected to the original charger 65W, that should not matter.
                    I will play later with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but as I'm playing a lot with the laptop now for me the issue looks like coming from the GPU, where I can feel it hard. Playing a clip from youtube, can take 2-3 min to visualize...
                    Any other ideas?
                    Thanks in advance!

Comment

BD PROCHOT is a software override so should have an immediate impact. Problem is elsewhere.

I have come across this on a previous repair on a E7xxx model. The fix was to remove the screw under the C key on the keyboard. There was insufficient insulation around that area and it shorts out one of the sensors. I think the model was E7440 but others in that series were affected.

http://triplescomputers.com/blog/cas...er-exceptions/

Comment

Download: OpenHardwareMonitor

And show what CPU clocks you get.

Comment

Working...
                        X