• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XPS 15 9570 will not charge but battery works

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
    Yes, do not trust the fake charger.

Remove pq100 mosfet.

Short the PR100 pads to bypass the pq100 mosfet.

Using only the original power adapter, measure the ps_id pin voltage to ground again. This is assuming the voltage output of the real charger is ~19v.

The single wire identification device from Dallas Semiconductor is a parasitic design. It leans on the pull-up resistor on the mec5105 side to power itself.
    hello my friend, I haven't found another charger yet. I ordered PU200 to replace it

Comment

Originally posted by madjid911 View Post
      hello my friend, I haven't found another charger yet. I ordered PU200 to replace it

I changed ic intersil, but no result, so I checked all the resistors, PR1905 was at 200Kohms, while on the diagram is 2ohms, I replaced it, and now when I plug in the miracle charger it starts , thank you very much for your help without you I could not have fixed

Comment

Very good to hear. Thanks for your update. It will help future readers.

Comment

Very good to hear. Thanks for your update. It will help future readers.
          hello, for the laptop it starts without problem, but the sound does not work, at first I thought it was due to a driver to install, I installed everything, I tried it in Windows 7, 10 and 11, now I'm sure it's not a driver problem but it comes from the motherboard, the ALC3266 chip was shorted, I replaced it twice, but still no sound, no more short circuit, the chip is well powered, I tried the jack port, no sound also, so I don't think it comes from slaps, do you have any ideas please? THANK YOU

Comment

Test with Linux.

Comment

Test with Linux.
              I tried with Ubuntu, the result is the same, no sound
              Attached Files

Comment

Which driver for Windows has been installed?

Found this one:

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver | Driver Details | Dell Canada

Comment

Which driver for Windows has been installed?

Found this one:

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver | Driver Details | Dell Canada
                  I took the original one on the Dell site with the laptop reference, but I also tried yours, I still have no sound

Comment

If the audio IC has been soldered correctly and no surrounding parts are missing, the driver is most likely the fault. This audio IC (codec) resides on the HDA bus so each of the required drivers must be present.

Try some of the ideas here:

No Audio / Distorted Audio on the Alienware 13 R3, 15 R3 and 17 R4 | Dell Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X