A1466 not booting with wifi card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1466 not booting with wifi card

This is the weird issue I am facing with MacBook Air A1466.. Laptop is booting fine without wifi card.. But when I insert the wifi card then fan spins but there is no display .. and I changed the wifi card and saw.. The issue is the same... And that wifi card I put in another Air... And it's working fine...
    Though I changed most of the parts on board related to wifi.. Still the issue is the same.
    I changed the bios also and saw ..

Any help will be appreciated..

Re: A1466 not booting with wifi card

Hi.

1) which logic board # ? 820-xxxx

2) can you share close and clear pix of the wifi socket and surrounding area ?

Comment

820-00165
      Attached Files
      Last edited by moderator; 06-04-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

But I don't really understand one thing . That if some part or track is damaged or shorted.. Then how come board is booting after the card is removed.. and card is also fine because it's working in another laptop...

Comment

Is the WIFI card you are testing 100% compatible with this logic board ?

Comment

Yes.. It was from that laptop only.. Though as i said..i swapped 2-3 cards from different same model laptop.. And checked...

Though i don't know now..i replaced lots of parts which was related to WiFi section..
            Not something else is wrong.. Now it's not booting even without the WiFi...
            Fan spins then for 5/6 seconds.. Then stops.. Again starts.. But then this time fan keeps spinning.. But no display...
            I'll sit again tomorrow and check it again.. And bring it back to the old condition..

Comment

Working...
            X