Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP PAVILION DM4-1160us won't turn on

Hello Friends.

I need you value opinion on this weird case for me.

My laptop was working good for several months until one day I decided to hook the screen to the external monitor.
    My laptop suddenly stop working and now doesn't turn on at all.
    I do open the laptop for to check if I have the right voltages and everything looks right so far until power board connector.
    Everytime when I push the power button I realize that signal going thru (3.2v to 0v)
    Something weird is power board make blink lights every couple seconds like If the laptop is on sleep mode, but don't, because When I push any key of the keyboard still remain without turn on.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks

Re: HP PAVILION DM4-1160us won't turn on

Hi
    Start by removing all power even Cmos battery once done hold power buttion for ten sec then just plug cmos battery back use only power adapter leave internal battery out see if it turns on? If not put internal battery back in with power adapter back in see if dc jack lights up don't try to power it let me know if dc jack light go's on. If not then it sound like a bios problem and I will tell you the next steps to comfirm .
    Techman1025

Comment

I did it techman1025 but still doesn't work.
      But the light is on on power jack

Comment

Hi
        Start by checking to see if you have Alwon 3&5 volts power rail this should be present with just adapter plug in. You will see big square coil probe each one until you find the correct two that have this power . Let me know
        Techman1025

Comment

Working...
        X