Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo thinkpad w520,shorted,replaced kbc, beep 1-3-3-1

hello all

propably in my falaut docking station has shorted or even maybe reversed polarity
    after opening laptop i noticed that kbc r4f2113 h8s 2113 is broken(burnt)
    i got new one and replaced it, then trying turning laptop on i hear beep code
    1-3-3-1 what means bad ram or MB problem , change of differ rams got noting

I asking for any clue or help

i add schematcs i found, where i can find components value such as resistors ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PokickTheN00b; 10-30-2016, 05:29 AM.

Re: lenovo thinkpad w520,shorted,replaced kbc, beep 1-3-3-1

Make sure you check every pin of the kbc, you replaced to make sure it is connected to the board properly, last time I changed a kbc for hp and after it gave me error blinks like processor error, after resoldering correctly everything was ok

Comment

yup thanks for anwser gotta check it tomorrow,thus dont i have to program it ? that chip is programable

Comment

sorry for delay ->i have broken my magnifier,but got new one now
        I have chcecked kbc its soldered pretty well,instead as i feared R406 (nearby of kbc) was kinda broken in half so i decideted to mesure it, resistor is bad how to replace it now, i dont know value of it and cannot find it on schematic, btw when i pluged one ram in top slot on top of MB laptop was restarting itself like looking for bootable device but having 4 slots filled got me 1-3-3-1 beep

Thanks for any kind of help

Comment

Originally posted by PokickTheN00b View Post
          ...............i dont know value of it and cannot find it on schematic..
          Use "Find" tool in your pdf reader. you'll find it

would be help if you take photo near KBC chips (Resistor issue) clear and not blur..wistron platform have code mark on board, give me the code.

according from pdf, DY means there is no resistor on it. I doubt, may be this other version of wistron kendo
          Last edited by meritosari; 11-03-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

when trying to remove resitior with hotair i noticed that pad is moving so i taken it off but propably i can solder R to the track,
            here are photos ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Your pdf was correct kendo-3 ws (work station)

I upload pics with pin out and mark. Seem It's R363 (value 10K)
              square mark with yellow if you mean is that resistor
              Then need confirm if that correct!
              Attached Files

Comment

after soldering 10k Resistor into place and placing 4x4gb rams , laptop still beeps the same error ...

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have experience with lenovo like this.

any other symptom? like loop restarting as well

Comment

when i plug power, fan and power light go up for a second, then i need to hold power button for longer than usual after it, laptop turns on got beep code and stays up
                    Last edited by PokickTheN00b; 11-04-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

isnt that kbc programable ?

Comment

Have no idea, H8S/R4F2112, this is first time I see it on schematic.

On slot ram this signal should check too.
                        As reference :
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...46&postcount=3

I fear this not only DRAM problems, since you must hold power button to power on laptop.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by meritosari; 11-04-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

may that schematic wrong ? chip i got replaced is h8s 2113 not 2112

Comment

probably yes, I don't have any refer to answer the question. only one thing, this series have many variant. I mean kendo-1, 2, and so
                            There are a bit different if comparing with your photo

here the BV that I've got.

on vinafix site, have more than I having. but I don't have access into it (pay site)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by meritosari; 11-04-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

i have looked for another schematics but everybody want me to pay for it, guess i have to pay and share it for badcaps comunity

Comment

I've forgot to mention it, open the BV with
                                boardviewer by remax
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56989
                                or
                                openboardview by inflex
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56151

Comment

when i gave mb just one ram it starts to reset over and over
                                  no ram = 1-3-3-1
                                  ram in top port under kayboard and left port when fliped on back or both gives no beeb but it keeps restarting
                                  giving ram to other ports equals getting same beepcode
                                  Last edited by PokickTheN00b; 11-04-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X