Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compaq cq42 cant power on

Hye master
    I got one compaq cq42 cant power on. I got 3v alw at power button, and pin 2,3 7,8 on bios ic got volt. Is that bios problem? Anybody can sure this

Re: Compaq cq42 cant power on

Originally posted by sasser View Post
    Hye master
    I got one compaq cq42 cant power on. I got 3v alw at power button, and pin 2,3 7,8 on bios ic got volt. Is that bios problem? Anybody can sure this
    hi is it AMD or i intel based laptop common fault with them is BIOS issue. I need the board model number to give you right bios for this model Alternatively you can download bios from hp.com/support. After downloading file you have to extract it with winzip. Look for xxx.fd file this is your bios dump.

Comment

This board is intel system. Two cause this problem maybe bios or intel south . but i want to learn how to determine which part failed.

Bios pin i got alw 3v howto know its faulty
      On power button also got 3v
      Sio ok
      South dont know to trace faulty. I heard can trace with measure on pin wifi slot

Comment

You have sometime to drain the motherboard.
        Remove the mainboard from the housing, remove the rtc battery, let it drain for 24 to 48 hours. After that, try!

Comment

Lp_tekh the technics u given take up 2 days for try and error what problem. How can speed up power up the laptop with know howto determine bios problem or south bridge problem. I know some people here has the trick.

Comment

I've experienced this from compaq machine, no power at all, i thought the gpu problem.
            I went to motherboard supplier and placed my order, after 2 days, the seller sent a message that they don't have it, so they returned the money to me.
            So i assembled back the laptop to return to the owner, after that i tried to press power button and the laptop powered on without expecting. Mystery

Comment

One clue from my experienced if all alw power is presented but near dc jack indicator is no light. I can sure this bios need to reprogramme. If bios has on leg 3v the sio is ok. So dont waste the time straight reprograme bios

Comment

Solved thanks who involved to give solution

Comment

Good to hear that.
                  What is the culprit?

Comment

In this case reflow or change intel south. HM82801ibm

Comment

Thanks for the info. Have a nice day

Comment

sir cq42 laptop working fine with charger but battery mode suddenly off. but battery fully charged and battery charging indication also fine, please give some idea for this issue
                        Last edited by sivagct86; 06-08-2019, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X