Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question -- Vcore Voltage

Hi there,
    I've got this motherboard, it's from a Fujitsu Li3710, Penryn CPU. It powers on for approx 5 secs then turns off. I don't appear to be getting any output to a pci BIOS diagnostic card, so I am assuming it might not be getting to the stage of BIOS boot.

Anyway, I put a voltmeter to the coil PL12 near the CPU, this is supposed to be the output for VCC CORE (CPU core voltage), it seems to be fluctuating wildly. The processor die gets warm, but then of course the board powers off quickly with no further progress.

(Core voltage is managed by an ISL6262)

My basic question is, what is acceptable fluctuation for CPU core voltage? Also, I only tried with a digital meter. Will see if I can dig out an analog meter if that gives any greater insight.

Re: Question -- Vcore Voltage

Update: replaced isl6262, voltage now appears stable. Unfortunately, still no output to bios code, no video/screen output.

Continuing to work on it, if anyone has ideas feel free to let me know,

Comment

do you have main 3.3/5v on the board

Comment

Did you try reflashing bios ?

Comment

I have a motherboard with the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by wibble View Post
            Update: replaced isl6262, voltage now appears stable. Unfortunately, still no output to bios code, no video/screen output.

Continuing to work on it, if anyone has ideas feel free to let me know,
            how the voltage?

Comment

Working...
            X