Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS K53SV on off itsel

Hi all,
    I have 3 motherboard with same problem, I got this repair after a year because they handed me a card with the same problems
    1 - if I plug in the ac the fan goes on and off, leds remain on, after a few time the leds goes off and the cycle is repeated. If I try a pwr on/off with button the system goes off and goes on
    2 - only with battery , fan goes on off , leds remain on , but the system does not turn off

- when the temperature rises, the fan increases but runs unevenly.
    - when system start by itself the cpu, gpu and hm65 are hot
    -all three motherboards had a problem with the ac jack

I have tried on one motherboard:
    change hm65
    change ite ec
    desolder gpu
    reprogram bios

someone have fix this issue ?
    thanks

Re: ASUS K53SV on off itsel

maybe you must check tantalum caps for cpu core

Comment

It's possible to verify the tantalium caps without remove them ?
      or it's possible to verify only if there is a short

Comment

well , for short onboard will beimpossible , since CPU will make them (like if there were a short) bether to test outside , but this on off thing its like if there was no CPU. could be a bad vcore

Comment

unfortunately, the vcore voltage is stable.
          I check all Voltage & Signal Measure Point TOP and BOTTOM indicated in a boardview. I noticed, however, when working with the battery does not restart.
          I think the fault is derived from a short on the power pin, because all three board had a problem of this type.
          it's really hard to find this fault.

Comment

Replace a new GPU ( in my opinion )

Working on Asus K42JA till today from last week, symptom is when plug in adapter, all indicator on for a few 2nd and off but the fan still on with high RPM ( without pressing any button). Try every possible with no luck, after replaced a GPU chip it working like a normal but with black screen / no display ( replace with GPU from scrap MB ). Conclusion for a while it's GPU defect, in my case still black screen even put known good GPU ( still confuse till I send this post ), stuck on this case, i'm out of idea . But in your case just replace a GPU chip for sure

Comment

In another board I remove the gpu but nothingh change.
              When I insert the power adaptor, all led are on, gpu, cpu and hm65 are hot , after a few seconds the board goes off and the cycle restart.
              Power button don't work
              With battery , all led are on, gpu, cpu and hm65 are hot and the board remain on and the power button work but the fan runs in spurts

Comment

Try this factory Asus Bios, be warned that your Windows 8 key will be erased, so take a note of it before flashing or you will need to call Microsoft to activate your Windows 8.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem, i resoldered EC, i suspect broken trace or components. Pwgood suspend all signals ok. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                  X